Lincoln Zephr question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lincoln Zephr question

Went looking at the new Lincoln Zephr for my wife today. The lease on her X type isn't actually up till Sept though. She really likes the AWD on the Jag and the Lincoln is only FWD. But, it looks like the '07 Zephr will have AWD. The '07 will probably be out before Sept.

The question is, does anyone have one, or know someone who has one? How is it?

Old 02-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by jimmy k
Went looking at the new Lincoln Zephr for my wife today. The lease on her X type isn't actually up till Sept though. She really likes the AWD on the Jag and the Lincoln is only FWD. But, it looks like the '07 Zephr will have AWD. The '07 will probably be out before Sept.

The question is, does anyone have one, or know someone who has one? How is it?

No, But the Zephr is a over priced, better looking Fusion, the 500 is a AWD but not as nice looking as the Zepher/Fusion...Ford should be incoruperating more options in less models and build a station wagon verson of the Fusion with AWD, the minivan/station wagon thing they build now, which name I can't recall is not the nice and expensive...Ford Focus can be had in a station wagon, but I don't like the Focus...The Fusion is competeing with the Focus, Ford would sell more Focus's or Fusions if only one model were built were a extensive option list, Ford will not recover with inter class conflicts betwean Ford Models.

Old 02-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've driven a few of them at work. So far, they seem to be pretty solid cars. They've got their own little quirks, but nothing that won't become common place amongst Fords in the next few years.

If they offered a manual transmission with the V6, I'll take mine in silver, please.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:26 AM
If the Zephr drives the same way as just the Fusion without any changes on suspension from being a Lincoln (don't know if Lincolns change something on the suspension of those cars?) I do like the ride in the Fusion! I never did test out a Zephr, but I think it would ride the same as a Fusion?

doesn't Mercury and Lincoln models add more sound proofing to there doors then just the Ford brand models? so the Lincoln might be a tad bit more quieter then the Fusion if thats the case.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:21 AM
The Zephyr, although a bit overpriced, is a nice car. I drive them almost every day at work. Quiet, comfortable, good stereo whether or not you get the navigation, and a good ride. If I were in the market for a Lincoln, I'd seriously consider it. That or the LS. The '06 LS has 5000 in rebates right now, and also, most dealers are discounting them another 4000-5000 since this is their last hurrah.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the replies! I think we'll probably go for it, might wait till the AWD '07 model is out as the wife is used to the X-type AWD even though that car has had some serious issues (guess thats expected with a Jag though)

Quick Reply: Lincoln Zephr question