Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart, Real Smart

Sometimes people just dont think
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...book_0518.html

Old 05-18-2005, 12:16 PM
people need to get over the black tragidies (sp?).. i hate to sound like the arsehole but everyone was neglected at one point or the other, for that lady to say recall it cause someone might be offended.. Who cares... there will always be someone who is offended by something.... im gonna stop before i get into a big rant. but those are my 2 cents

Old 05-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with 93xlt. And the 'survey' featured with the article showed about 1/3 of those replying as being offended. I find that hard to believe. Perhaps 1/3 might be thinking "That's gotta be offensive to somebody, so therefore I need to speak up on their behalf even though it doesn't really affect me personally". This is what is often referred to as a 'BUSYBODY'.

Besides, since when is 'being offended' on par with being the victim of a crime? Most people with strong opinions will offend somebody, and those most often offended are typically weak and indecisive. Get over it.

Go ahead, I got my flame suit on.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:38 PM
he's a young, black male that allowed someone to put a leash on him and then have a photo taken.

Apparently he has no issue.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I love how it's the old folks keeping racism alive and well. Each generation is more and more mixed and don't give a crap... yet the parents/teachers/old farts continue to protest at the actions of the youngsters. I think that is funny as hell (Most whipped) and the pic is great as well. If he was the one holding the leash would mom have protested since it would be putting women's rights back 40 years?! I think no. Get over it you racist bee-yatch. Your kid turned our right even though your screwed in the head. Take a lesson from him, he's obviously more mature than your cookie ****. I hate people.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Hmmm, it does appear that some people can find offence in anything however innocuous it might seem to others.
One thing to bear in mind, I'm only guessing here but the kids Mother probably grew up during the Civil Rights era and racism (whether implied or not) probably figures in her life due to her experiences.
The kid however sees nothing wrong with the issue as he is too young to remember MLK, Malcolm X and all that went on then.
If he is growing up without being exposed to racism them good for him and the people around him.
With attitudes like his, things will only change for the better.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Long time ago I was in the Tuxedo Rental business. Our policy was try it on before you leave the store. Many of the Prom boys were in too big a hurry to do that.
A couple of weeks after the Prom a mother storms into the store fuming. Demands to see the manager, screams that the store is paying for the Prom pictures and wants her rental money back.

She produces a prom picture of a good looking kid standing next to his girl, big smile on his face. He seemed to look happy however, his white flared legged trousers were way too short.
They were about seven inches short. Even though he had rented above the ankle zip up boots from us you could still see skin in the photo.

His expression, his ridiculous trousers and his demented mom almost made me lose it... and my job.

What was the kid thinking?
He could have foregone the pictures or asked for a waist high shot.
but, 'no' he's standing there full length grinning from ear to ear.
She didn't get anything out of it but, I still laugh when I think about it.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:09 PM
All that fuss and the girl didn't even have a whip or hand restraints ?
Some people have to go and ruin everything ....

Old 05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Probably just an angry mom upset about who her son is banging.

Old 05-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by CajunJosh
Probably just an angry mom upset about who her son is banging.
maybe... racism can go in more than one direction

Quick Reply: Smart, Real Smart