This is my dad!, I wish more people where like him!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very cool

Old 04-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Great job Mr. Dent ! Alot of truckers out there do things we nver hear about. Myself retired now, have seen many cituations which call for quick thinking to save life and limb. Hope everone thinks about this and all the things truckers do for Americas needs before,anyone talks about or messes with them. Especially the little clowns swerving in front of them daily or flipping cigarettes at tankers carring gas or liq. nitrogen on the highway. What are they thinking they're gonna outrun the blast if it blows. I'm done ! congrats all truckers moving americas needs.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Way cool!!!

With all the tradegy in the world and how many have become numm[sp] to it.It is always a delite to hear about the good things that people have done. sTan

Old 04-04-2005, 10:19 AM
your old man is a hero in my eyes

Old 04-04-2005, 10:25 AM
outstanding!!!!! It is always good to hear a great story of people helping one another. hats off to your dad!!!!!

Dale

Old 04-04-2005, 10:39 AM
WOW!

great story! I liked the part about him ripping the car door off. It's awesome that he was there in the time of need and able to save those people's lives.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Thats a great story!! They sure were lucky that someone like your father drove by when he did!! Makes me wonder how many would have just drove by, or just called 911 instead of trying to help out........Its seems rare that someone risks their life for another human being these days.

Kind of brought a tear to my eye as it reminded me of a similar situation my father was in.
My dad drives a truck for a steel mill. One day a truck behind him that was hauling a ladle of molten steel broke free from the trailer it was on, rolling the truck on the drivers side and knocked the driver out cold. My dad climbed up over the passenger side of the truck, reached in and pulled the unconscious driver out before the molten steel reached the cab.

Sorry, not trying to hyjack. Just made me proud of my dad all over again.

Jason

Old 04-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by StruckBy99
Thats a great story!! They sure were lucky that someone like your father drove by when he did!! Makes me wonder how many would have just drove by, or just called 911 instead of trying to help out........Its seems rare that someone risks their life for another human being these days.

Kind of brought a tear to my eye as it reminded me of a similar situation my father was in.
My dad drives a truck for a steel mill. One day a truck behind him that was hauling a ladle of molten steel broke free from the trailer it was on, rolling the truck on the drivers side and knocked the driver out cold. My dad climbed up over the passenger side of the truck, reached in and pulled the unconscious driver out before the molten steel reached the cab.

Sorry, not trying to hyjack. Just made me proud of my dad all over again.

Jason
anyone who is willing to risk their own life for someone is a hero in my book, that goes for you dad as well Thanks for sharing your story as well.

Ive read the article about 50 times since I found out about it yesterday...

My dad never told me about all this happening, he says he was just doing what anyone else would do, and that he was not special... all the attention he got over this, he really feels bad about... he says that he did this to save those people... not to get noticed and given awards.... it took my mom, and the entire list of managers and owners at the company he works for, to get him to accept the gift and thanks.

Old 04-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Re: WOW!

Originally posted by superfords
great story! I liked the part about him ripping the car door off. It's awesome that he was there in the time of need and able to save those people's lives.

Lets just say, Ive never once seen anyone, anything, animal/machine EVER back him down...

Old 04-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Kenny Rogers is your dad!?!? Just joking!

Its nice to see men like him still exist in todays world!

Old 04-04-2005, 01:02 PM
That is awesome! Congrats.
I took a look at the past winners. Noticed a lot of "ripped/tore the door off" These are the type of people you want in your corner!
Jes

Old 04-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Re: This is my dad!, I wish more people where like him!

Originally posted by MadNess
In order to make this L related so it doesnt get moved...

too late. its now in GD where more people can read it.

Last edited by J-150; 04-04-2005 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OUTSTANDING READ - Thank you very much for sharing that MadNess.

It's always good to read about something positive. We get tons of negative stuff daily.

Thank your dad for all of us here at F150Online.

I agree, the world needs more people like your pops.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Pulled the door right off the freakin car?? Incredible!!! Your father is indeed a hero. And I wish more people were like him too. If we all did more good in this world it would definately be a better place. Sometimes we all get cought up in the day to day road rage thing and be like "sucks to be you" attitude.

I would like to think in a similar situation I would have tried to save those kids too, but we don't know how we would react in that situation until we are actually in one. God bless your dad, pat him on the back for us and be sure to tell him how proud you are of him and that you love him.

If he ever gets by Cheyenne I'd be glad to buy him a beer!

Old 04-04-2005, 02:58 PM
GREAT post, you should be very proud. Sounds like something out of a movie

Quick Reply: This is my dad!, I wish more people where like him!