The corruption of the UN

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The corruption of the UN

The much talked about intelligence report stating that Iraq had no WMDs at the time of the invasion was just icing on the cake on that subject. I found it equally as disturbing how corrupt the UN, and the Security Council in particular was. I don't care which candidate it is that gets elected; they had better make a big deal out of this. Being bribed by Saddam to violate sanctions and selling your veto on the Security Council is a major issue. The fact that Russia and the French were arming Saddam with missile systems and other military hardware three weeks prior to our invasion is a pretty hostile move if you ask me. The UN had better come clean about all of this and soon. I really don't see how we can even consider these countries allies anymore, when Roland and Kornet missiles were used to kill coalition troops despite sanctions that these countries agreed to. French diplomats working with French companies to violate the sanctions? Were does it end? People talk about the credibility of the USA being damaged; well I think that the credibility of the UN just took a dump too. If I was at the debate tomorrow night my question to either candidate would be "Can we trust the UN, and the security council in particular to objectively judge American military action in light of the recent report?" The "Global Test" won't work (no comment on whether it is even a good idea) if the people grading the test have been bought to give it an F regardless of its merits.

Old 10-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Re: The corruption of the UN

Originally posted by fatman66
...I found it equally as disturbing how corrupt the UN, and the Security Council in particular was. ...
This cropped up months ago, it was mostly ignored. It will most likely stay that way.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a very informative thread. Keep in mind the only network that reports the oil-for-food fiasco is FNC. The UN is nothing more than rich people trying to get richer under the guise of helping people. They are to be watched closely. I just wish we would stop giving them our tax dollars (in the billions) every year.

Old 10-08-2004, 10:31 AM
In an effort to make this more informative I'll link this to the FoxNews coverage of this issue. Just b/c the other major news outlets have chosen to focus on the redundant "no WMD" issue dosn't mean that this should be dismissed or ignored.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134787,00.html

This is one story about this stuff and there are more links within it to the other parts of the oil for food debacle. Honestly, partisan politics asdie this is an issue that America can not just ignore or let drop. If the most influential members of the security council are being coerced to oppose us then I say its time to stop supporting the UN at all and help it go the way of the useless and totally ineffective League of Nations. I'de also like to see whoever becomes the president to ask Moscow and Paris for some tough answers on why we should not look at those arms sales as a hostile act. Perhaps Russia will develope a new prespective on selling arms to scumbags if we considered selling the Chechens some military equipment.

Quick Reply: The corruption of the UN