Stern going to Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stern going to Sirius

Heard an ad on Sirius today on my way home from work that said that Howard Stern was comming. Went to their website and sure enough its true. Damn nice move on Sirius' part to snag Stern, should be a big boost to their sales.

Just thought that was kind of interesting. I already have sirius and love it, but Im currious. Anyone not have it that would consider getting it now because of him?

Old 10-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a fan of Howard until the whole Janet Jackson fallout. From there on out, his repeated whining was a total turn-off for me. His show has suffered and now I look at him as a "has-been," and now I don't listen to that POS. So, to answer your question, no I will not get Sirius based on his move, but I'm considering getting either XM or Sirius for other reasons.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:43 AM
I think the move will be good.

He has always been an innovator. Just look at all of the talk show hosts and other morning DJs that have ripped him off.

As far as the whining, I don't blame him. He is being made a target. He makes a living (and keeps his listeners happy) by pushing the envelope. Janet was looking for PR and as a result, guys like Howard are being targeted. Funny, Janet didn't get fined for her breast, CBS did. But Yet the FCC will fine Howard personally for his antics. Not quite fair if you ask me so I dont blame him for whining.

It will be intersting to see what he will do without FCC rules and regs (subscription services dont have to follow FCC decency guidelines)

Old 10-07-2004, 10:37 AM
I for one can't waith the 15 months! I have been waiting to buy sat radio until Howard made a move.

Old 10-07-2004, 10:47 AM
The fcc will only fine howard personally if bush signs the bill that would enact that ability. Currently that fcc can only fine the company broadcasting the program not the actual person who said it. That is why howard is so involved in getting kerry elected. I will definatley get sirius as soon as howard begins broadcasting. He will also have three stations that he will pick the programing for and there was hints he might sign Opie and Anthony to put their show on Sirius.

Old 10-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by screwyou
I was a fan of Howard until the whole Janet Jackson fallout. From there on out, his repeated whining was a total turn-off for me. His show has suffered and now I look at him as a "has-been,"...
He was declining before the Janet incident.

The man was great back in the day, but slowly it just kept getting to be the same repetive show, then Janet's boob came along and he just went downhill from that.

Old 10-07-2004, 06:20 PM
No matter what we all think here, It is deffinately a good move for Howard. He is held back to much on FM and I think his show will be ten times better on Sirius. When it was announced he was making the move, the "Siri" stock almost doubled. That right there has to tell you something. The only thing I am mad about is that I am not a huge fan of Sirius and was planning on XM.

Hmmmm! what to do??

Old 10-07-2004, 07:51 PM
This is the best thing that could happen to the Sirius stock that I own

Old 10-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Let's see... $50,000,000.00 per year for 5 years? Good move for Stern. Even if he has become a little boring. Same old stuff.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:33 PM
I can't believe people would subscribe to Sirius to hear his old worn out shtick. Then again, I can't believe people pay for radio. There must be alot of people out there with more money than they know what to do with. It's bad enough with cable bills and internet bill and cell phone bills. I ain't payin' for no freakin' radio. Man, I must be gettin' old.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:44 PM
you have to have sat radio or listen to it for a while to understand Red Wing Nut

im sure people said the same thing about paying for tv.

Sirius Rocks!

Old 10-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Its a shame the FCC has turned into what it has become. But it's just another point to show how the current administration is attempting to control who and what America is and about.

I dont mind them snagging Janet for a stupid PR stunt and slapping it to CBS NBC OR ABC for that matter for doing anything on "LIVE" television like she did. But using one incident as a tool to go around slamming other people for things they have been doing for 13+ years is rediculous.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Stern going to Sirius

Good. Now I will never hear him again as I scan the dial. Lowest common denominator.

Old 10-08-2004, 10:07 AM
I'll tune in Howie every now and again. I've been disappointed lately with all the whinning, but his taunting of the FCC has been pretty amusing.

I think the sat show will be pretty darn funny for the first year or so, then he'll run out of new nastier material. Too bad I plan on getting XM.

Old 10-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Howard got old a long time ago. He drove me away back when his head got so big about his book and his movie and that was all he could talk about was how awesome he was. I got so sick of hearing it I never even saw the damn movie and never will. The FCC crusade is a waste of time, they just give him ammo, just let him continue his slide into the same old stuff and he'll go away on his own. Opie and Anthony are 10 times as funny as Stern.

Quick Reply: Stern going to Sirius