My "Roofing" Experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My "Roofing" Experience

If anyone here needs a new roof in the near future, I purchased a roofing "bid sheet" online, and let me tell you, it's a wonderful idea.

Basically what you do is you give it to the potential roofers to fill out, and then compare all the data in an easy, simple to look at format, without all the confusion and trickery.

If you don't know jack about roofing (like me) this is an excellent way to help you from being ripped off.

I found it amazing how many shysters and swindlers are in the roofing business.
My lowest estimate was $3,500 (cash) and the highest was $8,750, these are all for 25 year shingles. The average price was in the $5,000 - $6,000 range.

Be forewarned, the swindlers won't fill out a bid sheet, they will run away faster than they arrived. That's why I like them. The true professionals, and people who have nothing to hide, don't mind filling them out, the con artists will bawk and refuse, what a perfect system to weed out the riff-raff.

If any of you guys plan on doing your roof in the near future, feel free to email me and I'll send you the bid sheet in PDF format, all you have to do is print it out, make copies, and hand them out to your potential roofers when you're seeking estimates.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Habibi,

does the bid sheet include items like clean-up, insurance to cover an flat tires for you and your neighbours and most importantly, WSIB insurance for worker injuries. If they don't have it, you as the homeowner/building owner have to pay worker injuries.

You will find the swindlers also lack all of the above.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:26 AM
The bid sheet contains a section for insurance coverage, but nowhere does it mention anything for flat tires because of remaining roofing nails.

I'll be happy to send it to you, just email me with your addy.

Regards

Old 09-28-2004, 09:38 AM
www.askthebuilder.com

If you get one from me, and find it useful, and you think it saved you money, I would 'buy' one from the guy to support his site.

It's only 10 bucks anyway.
I believe this bid sheet saved me at least 1500 bucks and gave me the info I needed to make a well informed decision.
Best 10 bucks I ever spent.

He has other bid sheets there for other projects (which I plan on buying in the future)

This guys website is pretty cool anyway, very useful for a simpleton like myself, lol

Old 09-29-2004, 11:04 PM
YVW .. Hope you find it helpful.

Quick Reply: My "Roofing" Experience