Opinions on gas grills...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on gas grills...

I'm in the market for a new gas grill... and was just curious what you guys thought/had...

I'm looking for something around 30-35k BTU's with a side burner... I've been looking at Sears, Lowe's and Wal-Mart. Right now it seems to be between a CharBroil and UniFlame. The Kenmores are nice, but seem to be more expensive for the almost the same grill as the CharBroil...

My main question is does anyone know anything about UniFlame. Wal-Mart has one called the Patriot by UniFlame. http://www.bluerhino.com/Uniflame/Ba...atriot-NSG4303

The UniFlame is on sale and larger than (and appears to be nicer than)the CharBroil... The UF has a thermometer, three burners inside, electric starter, stainless cover, and more space on the side table... If the sale sticker was correct the UniFlame and CharBroil (at Lowe's) are the about the same price... but the Uniflame does not come with a tank, whereas the CharBroil comes with an empty tank...

Well, that's all for right now...

Old 09-10-2004, 12:47 PM
I'm the kind of person that goes for name brand stuff. I've never heard of UniFlame before. So, I'd be opting for the CharBroil. My neighbor has a CharBroil, and it seems to be very well built.

Old 09-10-2004, 01:03 PM
F150online
Founder

You won't be disappointed.

Old 09-10-2004, 01:41 PM
This recent post is chock full of good info and opinions...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=167062

Old 09-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the link and opinions however I'm looking in the $150-$200 range... anything more isn't justifyable for me. In fact I really don't want/need a new grill. I'm getting it for my GF, and I'm sure she'll use it often. However, I generally don't cook for many and prefer charcoal. I've had the same little hibachi for about 6 years, and still like it... But this is what she wants, and I'm sure I'll get good use of it too...

So, I'm still leaning towards the CharBroil. She wants one with a thermometer, but I can just add one to the CB...

Old 09-10-2004, 06:47 PM
When it comes time to replace parts, I'd be afraid of Uniflame...never having heard of the brand.

MR

Old 09-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Tough to beat a Weber, they just last.

Old 09-11-2004, 10:15 AM
I have had my char-broil for about 6 years now and it works very well. Parts are really easy to find on the internet.

Find the serial number on the uniflame (or whatever it's called) and do a search on the internet (Dogpile &/or Google) and I bet you will find out is made by a big name company.

The char-broil Big Easy is a good grill.

I couldn't live without my side burner! I even bought a turkey fryer set up just so I could have an extra burner outside!

Old 09-11-2004, 10:55 AM
i have a char-broil a few years back cheap it was a display model. someone had taken the ***** so i picked it up for $100. when i got home i called the # on the book and they sent them to me

Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Well, ended up with a Kenmore (apparently made by CharBroil)... I'm happy with it... Got to use it Sat and Sun... Couldn't tell you what model right now, but it's got the side burner, thermometer, and a nice sturdy stand...

It was on sale $30 off, plus I had a $15 coupon, and there was also a mail in rebate for a free tank... But the best part was that I finally could justify buying this:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...Barbecue+Tools

Last edited by closer9; 09-13-2004 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Opinions on gas grills...