f-150 owners are "plain"

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to General.

Old 08-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh come on man, tell us how you REALLY feel!

Well considering im in college, i dont have alot of money to spend on my truck other than gas and maintence costs. After college and a little more $$ starts coming in, then ill start in on something like another old truck or something.

I wonder what NEAL would have to say to this guy?

Old 08-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Re: f-150 owners are "plain"

Originally posted by asinatra
here in fresno, ca, its the land of chevys, and a good 80% of my friends have one,
My opinion:

I see two, possibly three problems:

First, you live in Fresno and there is an air quality issue there.

Second, 80% of your friends have been affected by the air quality.

Third, you sound like a liberal…

Just my observation.

Old 08-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Chevy owners:

Dodge owners:

Ford owner:

Nuff said…

Old 08-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: f-150 owners are "plain"

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
My opinion:

I see two, possibly three problems:

First, you live in Fresno and there is an air quality issue there.

Second, 80% of your friends have been affected by the air quality.

Third, you sound like a liberal…

Just my observation.
Now that’s funny!

Old 08-28-2004, 10:19 PM
In your post you noted that "Chebby" owners have the most pride for their vehicles. If they are so happy with them why are the putting all of the aftermarket and "custom" body work on their vehicles? Would'nt that make it less of a chevy and therfore less to be proud of???
It all comes down to YOUR individual taste and opinion.

Old 08-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by vvyk3d
Wait wait dzervit...you mean people have bills and things they need to pay instead of putting all their cash into their cars/trucks?? NO WAY!! What a concept.

Heres something else for a nice little laugh. You might be a ricer if...

Dan
Dude that is the funniest site ever i got a friend that deep into ricers and cant wait for him to read that

Old 08-28-2004, 11:35 PM
my opinion...FORD IS THE BEST!!!!
thats right I said it

Old 08-28-2004, 11:37 PM
I am the type of person who does not care to mod my truck. I may add a few things here and there, like a spray in liner or a tonneau cover, or maybe tint the windows and add a bug shield. Personally, I hate the look of most customized trucks. I just don't see the point of buying a $30-40 thousand dollar truck and then spending another $10-15 thousand to customize it and then ends up looking just like every other truck.

I have a "plain old F150", but I have ALOT of pride in my truck. Just because I don't mod, doesn't mean I don't have pride in my truck.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:27 AM
I've done a few things to my truck but mostly I like it the way it is. I don't feel the need to hide it under tons of plastic and chrome add-ons. Just what is it all these Chevy owners are trying to hide anyhow...

Old 08-29-2004, 04:28 AM
Who says we dont mod, just not our trucks..

Big wing is next on the list..

Sled...

Old 08-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Well Asinatra let me have your email and you can see my truck change. When they get the Scorpion wing for mine its on as well as the Speedstur hard cover with spoiler.Buy the way that will look great on this flare. Been looking for the right cover that gives the frt bumper the look i want.Graphics and tail light covers are on now LoRider hard bedcover supposed to be here by wednseday im body moding. At the will county fair yesterday saw one (wish i had my cam) it was done by L.A. Conversions out of elkhart,Ind, really sharp saw the actual fit of the ram air hood on it.

Last edited by bluestang67; 08-29-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Well, I have to agree to a certain degree, yet on different terms. I understand why some people dont mod their vehicles, or feel the need to do so at all. They are happy with their purchase as is...my father has an 04 F-150 and is the same way. He like his splash guards and neat cup holders and that's about it. He cannot understand why I want to do all of this stuff to my truck. Well, it's my preference.

My issue is speed. I know what you are going to say. "Well, I didnt buy my truck for racing", and "It's a truck". Well, I'll be the first to tell you there is a power war betwen the trucks and towing is not really at the top of the list. 0 to 60 times and 1/4 mile times ARE !!!

I have an 04 F-150, my brother has an 04 F-150, my Dad has an 04 F-150 and my grandfather has an 04 F-150. See a trend here. My family loves Ford and I have retired family from Ford. We all get the A-plan discounts.

Anyway, even though they are trucks...there is very stiff competition to go fast, handle well, rip through the 1/4 mile and so on. To tell you the truth, I am along for the ride. I hate cars...period. I cant fit in them, you cant load groceries in the bed, they sit low, they ride rough, they are limited on accessories. Trucks are endless and if I can make my F-150 stomp a Camaro Z-28 and then pull into Lowes and buy 6 sheets of plywood I am all for it.

The thing I see here is, most people are concerned with fuel economy, towing, and there air conditoning or something...and you should be. We have budgets and alot of people bought there trucks for work. I bought my little R/C S/B F-150 for power and 1/4 mile runs...and to drive around in a good looking truck and perform daily driver needs. The comparison is when you go onto other sites like Dodge, Titan and Chevy you see alot of everything. Racing is a big one.

But not here. I have tried to start several threads on track times, Superchips power increase, gears, competition and very few if any replies. Go to Dodge/Titan and thats all you see.

So far at my local track I have been the only new F-150 up there racing against HEMI's, Titans and some Chevys. All other Fords were L's or older modded F-150's. I agree we have different motives with our purchases, but I would figure alot of us would be into the street performance as well. It just doesnt seem so here or at FTW. There are only a handfull of us I think.

Old 08-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Trucks are endless and if I can make my F-150 stomp a Camaro Z-28 and then pull into Lowes and buy 6 sheets of plywood I am all for it.
Thats great, I love it.

How about some pics of your familys fords all together? I think that would be pretty cool.

Old 08-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by BREWDUDE
Thats great, I love it.

How about some pics of your familys fords all together? I think that would be pretty cool.
Yeah, we did it before when we all had the older body style Fords. I had a 98, my Dad, bro and G-pa had 2001's. But, I am in the military and my brother now lives in Phoenix. My Dad and G-pa still live back in Indiana.

I have a Regular Cab, Short Bed, 5.4L, 3.73LS 4x2.

My Dad has a Black supercab 4x2, 3.55 Lariat

My brother has the same exact truck as my Dad down to the color except his is just an XLT.

My grandfather has a grey supercab XLT, 3.55 4x2.

Yep, as far as mods, I am waiting on AF1 to get the intake ready and I am buying the Superchips tuner and intake together, then fans, pulleys and headers. Should scream pretty good. I already have an exhaust.

Quick Reply: f-150 owners are "plain"