we're stupid...eh?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we're stupid...eh?

Outspoken Canadian Legislator Calls U.S. 'Idiots'
By Randall Palmer
OTTAWA (Reuters) - It was damned bastards last year, "idiots" this year.
Canadian Member of Parliament Carolyn Parrish had said she hated "damned Americans" and called them bastards in the run-up to the Iraq war. She found a new moniker, idiots, on Wednesday in discussing the planned U.S. missile defense system.
"We are not joining the coalition of the idiots. We are joining the coalition of the wise," the Liberal legislator told a small group of demonstrators.
Parrish, who had to apologize for her "bastards" remarks last year, at first denied using the word idiots, and when reporters pointed out they had her remarks on tape, she said: "I don't mean Americans are idiots."
Parrish then begged reporters not to use the remarks: "Please guys don't put that on tape," she said. "I already got into trouble once.... Really, please, I've had enough trouble."

Four hours later, however, she hardened her line.

"The last one was a really stupid thing to say," she told Reuters. "Bastards is an inappropriate word. Idiots is a term people use in everyday conversation," she told Reuters.

"They tortured people in Iraq, they (the Iraqis) have no weapons of mass destruction. Could somebody explain to me whether you think they're idiots or geniuses?"

The top spokeswoman for former Prime Minister Jean Chretien, Francoise Ducros, had to resign in 2002 for calling President Bush a moron.

Chretien's successor, Prime Minister Paul Martin, has pledged to put relations with Canada's largest trading partner on a warmer footing.

Martin said after Parrish's latest remarks that the debate about missile defense, intended to guard against attacks from what the United States calls rogue states, was "very, very important."

"There is no room in this debate for that kind of language," he told reporters, waving his hand dismissively. "You're going to get very strongly held views but let me tell you those strongly held views have got to be expressed in language that is acceptable."

But Parrish refused to back down.

"That's Mr. Martin's opinion," she told Reuters. "No, I'm not going to apologize.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somethings you just don't expect, this one really hurts though... Now I know how all you Canadian members really feel.
Honestly, I just thought this was funny (and I like to cause trouble).

Old 08-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Banned For Violation of Terms of Service
ah yes, the angry lesbian zealot...

Old 08-26-2004, 04:32 PM
firstly, she is the idiot!

as an elected representative, she should not be putiing her own personal views on public display. She is there to carry our views and opinions.

secondly, there is cross border name calling going on all the time. On this very board somone painted all Canadians as cowards and traitors to our alliance by not joining in the Iraq war.

Yeah, take the ramblings of an idiot politician and hold the rest of us accountable. Our system is the same as yours, your choice of Dumb or Dumber on the ballot.

My recommendation is to listen to what your friends here have to say, not some idiot, lesbian zealot.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:46 PM
I'll second the don't paint with too broad of a brush statement. We have some great Canadian members here.

But yes, that woman's got serious issues...and it's not us...LOL

Old 08-26-2004, 04:57 PM
lesbians! Yummy!!

Old 08-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Two issues that are not worth fighting about...Politics and Religion.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:39 AM
I never really took any offense to it. Seems like its a pretty slow day when that is news worthy. I know you Canadians are good people, like I said I like to cause trouble.

Try and find a picture of her TUFF and you might have to retract that yummy!

Old 08-27-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by fatman66
I never really took any offense to it. Seems like its a pretty slow day when that is news worthy. I know you Canadians are good people, like I said I like to cause trouble.

thanks for keeping and open mind.

just remember, the vast majority of Canadians value our relationship. No two countries in the wolrd share more hopes, dreams and desires (not to mention we are big fans of Schoolhouse Rock)

You will find most Canadians felt the same pain over September 11 and thought we should enter Iraq with you.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:29 AM
I love the Canadians and think they are some real great people. They can’t help that some of our American basturd idiot liberals invaded Canada and brainwashed some of their people into believing this liberal wuss bag BS…

It happens, and its not a lot of them, but you know them because our American basturd idiot liberals taught them how to hate and hate with a passion…

Old 08-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the majority of Canadians didn’t agree with Parrish, she wouldn’t be in the Parliament; she’s an elected official isn’t she?

Old 08-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by jpdadeo
If the majority of Canadians didn’t agree with Parrish, she wouldn’t be in the Parliament; she’s an elected official isn’t she?
NO!

For the recors, she is both a big L Liberal (name of the party) and small L liberal (left winger)

The issue in Canadai in he past 10 years is that the right-of-center vote has been split between 2 parties (1 slightly right of center and one much further to the right)

So the centrist/left of centre Liberal Party has won the past 4 elections. The person that wins the riding/constuency does not take it with 51%... they could very well take it with 26% as there could be at minimum 4 parties running in that election.

So no, she does not mathematically represent the masses.

Shes a fool that managed to win her seat with the numbers game.

For the record, Im an idiot. She said that anyone in favour of joining the US on a missle shield is an idiot. Now the merits of the missle shield are irrelevant. What is important is that the US is taking the lead in protecting North America and has invited us in to share in that protection.

umm... hello lesbian zealot. Its called friggin' NORAD. Take your head out of your butt long enough to read a book. NORAD is the US/Canada front to protect this continent from ballistic danger.

Maybe the shield isnt the right way to go, but honey, walking arm in arm with the US to protect North America is the way to go.

I am centrist, maybe a little right of center, so I dont think I am a zealot in an situation.

But alas, some dip*****s just dont get it.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:11 PM
HAHAHAHA!

look what I have started! I get a kick out of this kind of stuff, if everyone in another country got pissed when someone dumped on them we would all be dead in a big war by now anyway. It's a sad day when you can't report anything good about our troops and their work but crap like this was news worthy. Its like when the Bush administration calls France and Germany "Euroweinies" I love that cracks me up. Maybe we all need to break into a heart warming rendition of "Blame Canada" from "South Park the movie"!

Old 08-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by fatman66
HAHAHAHA!

look what I have started! I get a kick out of this kind of stuff, if everyone in another country got pissed when someone dumped on them we would all be dead in a big war by now anyway. It's a sad day when you can't report anything good about our troops and their work but crap like this was news worthy. Its like when the Bush administration calls France and Germany "Euroweinies" I love that cracks me up. Maybe we all need to break into a heart warming rendition of "Blame Canada" from "South Park the movie"!
I think it’s time to take a step back and re-evaluate the situation. Maybe we should all have a cup of green tea and a tofu sandwich.

Old 08-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Here's a link of interest:

http://CanadianCoalition.com/candidates01.shtml

Shows what many in Canada think of her!

Old 08-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by serotta
Here's a link of interest
Shows what many in Canada think of her!
Her quotes further down the page are interesting.