Help finding a new job

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help finding a new job

There is a long story behind this so I will keep it short.

I recently got re-org'd out of a great job. This is the second time in 12 months by the same CEO (Long story)

I am looking for help/advice/leads from the great group here.

My background is in High Tech sales (Software, hardware, etc) and management mainly in the transportation/trucking industry. For the last 5 years I have covered from 15 states to most recently the entire US. I have an impressive list of customers and references. I have over 15 years of sales/management/business ownership experience.

Your help and support are very much appreciated in advance.

Peace-

Old 08-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Call all of your contacts and references and let them know you are seeking new employment.

When I got laid off in April, I made contact w/ just about everyone I knew in the field - including old classmates. I went through the phone book and hand delivered resumes all over town. I had a job offer within 3 weeks of being laid off, and started a new job ~ 5weeks after being laid off - and I'm still getting calls from places I dropped off resumes (I got a call Monday that I passed on to my old boss).

Old 08-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Wish I could help but im in the same baot myself right now. Looking for work sux. Plus being home right now has made my list of things to do way too long. I just power washed the entire house today. Tomorrow I get to do the patio and side walks. OH WHAT FUN!! I'd rather be at work. Im in the boating industry Service Tech, Service manager and Great customer service..anyone hear of anything let us know. For now I will just monitor this thread to see the advice you get and hopefully be able to use it myself. Good luck to you.

Quick Reply: Help finding a new job