Taking Chance Home

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking Chance Home

I'm sorry, I know this has no place in this forum but I was so touched by this letter that I want to share it with the people I respect most...........you!

God we live in a great country full of great people. They say the generation of WWII was the greatest generation.....I'm not sure this is not just as great a generation.

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2004/0...ng_chance.html

Jerry

Old 04-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Talk about getting chocked up…

That was an absolutely excellent read and I would recommend everyone to read that and get a better understanding on how those that paid the ultimate price get treated and just how many people actually morn our heroes regardless if they are well known or only known in their own home towns…

Old 04-30-2004, 12:13 AM
I cant believe I read all of that. It was good, but it kept dragging on and on and on. Maybe that's why he's in the marines.

Does that sort of thing really happen? Or was that story one of those uncommon deals?

Old 04-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Re: Taking Chance Home

Originally posted by ShadowBolt
I'm sorry, I know this has no place in this forum but I was so touched by this letter that I want to share it with the people I respect most...........you!
Jerry
To my understanding the purpose of the GD Forum is to post...well...general discussions. I see nothing wrong with you posting it here it was an excellent letter, thank you.
God Bless America

Old 04-30-2004, 03:53 AM
Shadowbolt

That is an amazing story because I met Chance last June as he was granted a short leave to be the best man in my nieces wedding.
He was life long best buddy of the groom, and they grew up together in Wyoming. The wedding was out in a pasture in a valley surrounded by mountains west of Pinedale near a small town called Bounderant. He wore his dress blues and gave a small speech during the cerimony. I talk to him for a short time during the reception and can say he was a a polite , bright young man.
I have forwarded this story to my niece and her husband as I am sure they will be glad to hear this story. Although they should know some of it as they were in attendance at his funeral.
It is amazing what these people do for us everyday, and what a truly small world we live in.

Great find Shadowbolt. Sled...

Old 04-30-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by sleddogg
Shadowbolt

That is an amazing story because I met Chance last June as he was granted a short leave to be the best man in my nieces wedding.
He was life long best buddy of the groom, and they grew up together in Wyoming. The wedding was out in a pasture in a valley surrounded by mountains west of Pinedale near a small town called Bounderant. He wore his dress blues and gave a small speech during the cerimony. I talk to him for a short time during the reception and can say he was a a polite , bright young man.
I have forwarded this story to my niece and her husband as I am sure they will be glad to hear this story. Although they should know some of it as they were in attendance at his funeral.
It is amazing what these people do for us everyday, and what a truly small world we live in.

Great find Shadowbolt. Sled...
wow, that's crazy. wow. You actually met the guy. Holy cow.

Old 04-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Yeah joe it is crazy, thats what I thought when I read that. But yes, it was last June out in wyoming. I didnt really talk to him alot, but did meet him, talked about dirt bikes and what crap Dodges are.
Seems wild to see that story on here. I know my nieces husband was really torn up by his death.

God rest his sole.

Sled...

Trending Topics

Old 04-30-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm glad this has touched all of you as it did me. People must have thought I was crazy. I was driving home from work and Rusty Humphries was reading this on his radio show. I had tears in my eyes all the way. I'm very upset at the fact that I have done NOTHING for our troups! Here I am living the good life while they protect my freedom! Another month will not go by without my family getting involved in some kind of aid for our troups or their families. A man that works for me has a son in Bagdad right now. I had never talked to him about having a son over there. I went to him and told him how thankful and proud I was for his son's service to our country!

Jerry

Quick Reply: Taking Chance Home