R/C almost done!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone that's interested in the T-Maxx, go to towerhobbies.com . They have some good deals.

Old 04-15-2004, 05:11 PM
You guys really have me interested, and I've been looking around on the two sites you posted, and ebay...

So, now I've got some stupid questions...

Will any 6 cell, 7.2V battery work? How about transmitters, will any 2CH work? What's the difference in AM and FM here?

Would it be a bad idea to buy the truck new from one of those sites, and buy the transmitter/servo/SC off ebay, batter/charger off ebay? I didn't see any trucks on ebay, but there are a few of the accessories at some pretty good prices...

Old 04-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by closer9
Thanks for the link...

Just curious, does it come with decals for the lights and such? I'm probably going to have to get one...

I would love to have the nitro, but I better start small and cheaper...

Yes, It has decals for the lights, emblems, trim, windows, etc..

Originally posted by closer9
You guys really have me interested, and I've been looking around on the two sites you posted, and ebay...

So, now I've got some stupid questions...

Will any 6 cell, 7.2V battery work? How about transmitters, will any 2CH work? What's the difference in AM and FM here?

Would it be a bad idea to buy the truck new from one of those sites, and buy the transmitter/servo/SC off ebay, batter/charger off ebay? I didn't see any trucks on ebay, but there are a few of the accessories at some pretty good prices...
Any 6cell 7.2v battery will work. Make sure it has the tamiya connector on it. The higher the mAh, the longer it will run.
NiMH is better than NiCd.

I got a pair of 1900 mAh NiCd batteries for mine.
They run for quite a while. The battery charger I got recharges in 20-30 minutes.

The FM is a "cleaner" signal, but the AM remote I got has plenty of range. I can get the truck almost out of eyesight and that is way far enough for me.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by captainoblivious
Anyway, I had a nitro onroad car, offroad car, and staduim truck. Never got into the nitro thing fully, so I sold off everything but the truck which needs to be rebuilt, but I have no desire to rebuild it.
id have a desire to rebuild it if you give me an idea of how much it would cost to do so and how much you want for it if your lookin to get rid of it

Quick Reply: R/C almost done!