Website maintinance was run recently,

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Website maintinance was run recently,

All post counts are now corrected to what they should be for y'alls information.

Sorry Joe, you're under 1K now.

Old 11-14-2003, 10:58 AM
eh, what you talkin bout.

Old 11-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Webmaster/Steve ran maintinance on this forum recently, and it took everybody's post count back to where it should be, so if you had 1000 posts in GenDiscussion, then your post count would be 1000 less than it was previously. Mine was in the high 800's and now it's in the 500's.

Old 11-14-2003, 11:57 AM
WHATT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: *looks at post count and cries*

Old 11-14-2003, 12:41 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought I noticed something different.

If it'll help all the 'SERVER BUSY' messages that seem to be on the increase, I'm all for it.

Old 11-14-2003, 12:42 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I went from almost 800 to less than 275!

Oh well, it doens't matter anyway...

Old 11-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
I thought I noticed something different.

If it'll help all the 'SERVER BUSY' messages that seem to be on the increase, I'm all for it.

Old 11-14-2003, 01:18 PM
I miss my 1200 posts

Oh well. It's all for the better I guess.

Old 11-14-2003, 02:12 PM
geesh, I don't pay much attention but thought I had well over 1k posts......hey, its all good......

Old 11-14-2003, 02:13 PM
dude you still have almost 800.

Old 11-14-2003, 08:21 PM
JD
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada (originally from Kearny, New Jersey)
Well you know where all my posts are, in the GD. I'm down to 165! Whatever, still shows I registered in Sep 98 and I'm here every day (even if it's just lurking)

Old 11-14-2003, 11:11 PM
I am FURIOUS & I don't care if everyone knows it! I lost OVER 1,400 posts. I am NOT a post padder (ex:yup, WTG, LOL) & ONLY post in General Discussion.
My post count WAS CORRECT. This will NOT have any effect on server busy - I got that ALL week long. I also feel it was done in a very poor manner - NO warnings at all!
Steve - YOU said you'd turn post counts back on here & now this! WHY? What's the problem now? If General Discussion is SO much of a problem why have it? Get rid of the whole forum! After all - we don't COUNT here according to you.
BTW - I emailed you a few weeks ago asking about a group buy & if you'd contact a possible new vendor & I never heard back. Now I know why - you're busy deleting posts.
We show our support of this site & quite frankly I feel this was a slap in the face. I'd email my concerns to you but I won't get an answer so I'll air them here. Don't worry - it isn't going to increase my post count so it won't mean more work for you.
I am really disappointed in this latest move. Yes - it DOES matter to me - now I'm a step above a new member. The date means nothing - we have members who joined 3 years ago & never posted a single time so the "join date" means diddly. Just like me huh? I sure feel worthless here now. Thanks Steve - for nothing!

Old 11-14-2003, 11:35 PM
I've always wondered why post counts are some badge of honour....

For some it seems to have the same effect as having your johnson shortened....

(However after cowlady's post I guess I can't say that's the case for her, anatomically speaking that is...)

Why is this so important?

Old 11-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Cowlady
I am FURIOUS & I don't care if everyone knows it! I lost OVER 1,400 posts. I am NOT a post padder (ex:yup, WTG, LOL) & ONLY post in General Discussion.
My post count WAS CORRECT. This will NOT have any effect on server busy - I got that ALL week long. I also feel it was done in a very poor manner - NO warnings at all!
Steve - YOU said you'd turn post counts back on here & now this! WHY? What's the problem now? If General Discussion is SO much of a problem why have it? Get rid of the whole forum! After all - we don't COUNT here according to you.
BTW - I emailed you a few weeks ago asking about a group buy & if you'd contact a possible new vendor & I never heard back. Now I know why - you're busy deleting posts.
We show our support of this site & quite frankly I feel this was a slap in the face. I'd email my concerns to you but I won't get an answer so I'll air them here. Don't worry - it isn't going to increase my post count so it won't mean more work for you.
I am really disappointed in this latest move. Yes - it DOES matter to me - now I'm a step above a new member. The date means nothing - we have members who joined 3 years ago & never posted a single time so the "join date" means diddly. Just like me huh? I sure feel worthless here now. Thanks Steve - for nothing!
Come on CowLady, we'll all still respect your opinions and posts just as much as before, who cares how many posts another member has? Smile more often

Old 11-15-2003, 12:11 AM
I see where shes coming from. It is a badge of honor, because she took the time to make a post. Now nearly all of her posts were deleted? Delete some of the inactive members next time.

Quick Reply: Website maintinance was run recently,