OLD..OLD Ford question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OLD..OLD Ford question

Some of you may remember about a post I did awhile back about the old cars in the barn a church member had donated to sell.

Well it looks like my brother, brother in law and myself are thinking of getting a few of the older ones for a really good price.
Brother the 2 1928s, brother in law the 1931 and the 1937 if I dont get it

I personally would like to get a 1937 Ford that is there for a steal. It looks like I can get it for around 750.00. Mind you its been in the barn for 20 plus years and is dirty as can be but totally complete. The orig interior/exterior/drive train(60hp flathead motor) etc is still all there. I think this would be a great restore project or possibly a street rod project to try.
Anyone ever mess with these and know of good places to look for parts books, diagrams, specs, replacement parts etc? Trying to feel out what I`m getting into before final decision

I wish I had the cash for the 57 and 66 Thunderbirds he has also donated. Nice 57 convertible with baby blue exterior, white interior and the hard and soft tops..1 word SWEET....

Last edited by 2000FordStyle; 07-25-2003 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If for any reason you guys don't buy those cars...and there's something there for under a grand, please let me know. Email me at MROLDV8@aol.com

The '28 and '31 Model A's should be no problem to get parts for. That model is very well supported. The '37 will be a little tougher, but there's plenty of parts out there for it. I think the '37 still had mechanical brakes...if it were me, I'd switch them over to hydraulics. I think a '39 or '40 setup will fit. I believe all the rubber window moldings are available, and while you're at it, replace the glass with safety glass if you can. I had a '39 and used 1/4" tinted plexi for everything but the windshield.

Good luck, and I'm serious about buying something.

Old 07-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MROLDV8

Heres a teaser pic of the other 1931 he has. It is in the best shape of them all and is a model A roadster. Thats my father driving it after they got it running again. I think he has laid claim to that one. at least he says so
The other cars are not as nice looking as this one at the moment but could be with some work to them. They all have been sitting in storage for years.
I`ll see what they say as they are nearing the completion of cataloging everything and are getting ready to post it all for sale. We are kind of getting in the action before 2 car clubs come and look at them all.....

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...-745-63451.jpg

Old 07-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drool...Drool...Drool

Quick Reply: OLD..OLD Ford question