F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

V10 Improvements ?'s from a New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question V10 Improvements ?'s from a New Guy

before i get flamed, yes i have read many old threads about different performance bolt ons available for the V10. what i would like to know is what order it is best to do them in and what kind of increases in performance each will bring and approximate cost. i realize many are hard to quantify but rather seat of pants type of feel. you can skip the supercharger mod as that wont be happening any time soon. pulley, chip, filter, exhaust kind of things are what i'm looking for.

mine is a new 2000 (yes, 2000! it was really left over. i saved a ton of cash and now have a 2 model year old truck with a total of 3000 miles) F250SD XL reg cab, v10 auto, 3.73LS, work truck nothing fancy just a tow rig for my real toy.

thanks,

mike

Old 01-08-2002, 05:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you wanted to do the mods in steps then I'd start with a K&N swap and a cat-back. Then I'd do the headers. A chip would be my last choice. I say that only because it costs more in fuel because of the need for premium. If that doesn't matter then mabe do the chip first.

I'd guess and say headers are worth 15-25hp, cat-back 10-15hp, K&N 2-3hp, chip 25-30hp.

Your truck should haul! Light regular cab and all.....

Quick Reply: V10 Improvements ?'s from a New Guy