F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Tires rub on new F250...didn't on my old one.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Freeky your running 35s on the factory rims right? I decided to sell that set of 22in Rockstars w/37 Nittos I had (I cleared $1K profit on them) now have a set of 22x11 Motometals with 335/55/22 BFG Mud Terrains on the way. Do you think a Donahoe 2.5in lift in the front would clear them (they are about a 36in tire)? And what about in the rear...would a F350 block be enough? As it is now my truck sets level...thats the way I want to keep it. I hate that front end higher than the rear look. Is the rear suspension on out trucks the same as 07s? I know a add a leaf and a F350 block would be plenty but I can only find add a leafs for 07s.
I really dont want to go 4in...so a 2.5 would be perfect if it would work. The truck will never be off road so I am not worried about rubbing while flexing the suspension.
It's hard to say. I am running Toyo Open Country M/T 35x12.5x20 on the stock 20" wheels. If you want to run 36's on wider wheels than stock, you may have some rubbing, even with a 2.5" spacer in the front. You may want to check over at one of the F250 sites like www.powerstroke.org or www.thedieselstop.com or www.thedieselgarage.com to see if anyone has do that. Good job on selling the wheels and making money though!

Originally Posted by JBMX928
wait whyd you swap your truck? did you get another identical one?
Yeah, it's identical except it has leather, sirius radio, adjustable pedals, memory group, and the stabilizer package...oh, and no miles. Payment went up $10 a month, so it was a no brainer. There is another thread about it on this page...called "I must be crazy...". HERE

Oh, and it has the chrome tube steps instead of the molded plastic steps. And it has privacy glass. It does not have the block heater cable or the traction control.

Last edited by freekyFX4; 02-16-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
You my friend, just got lucky.

Nothing like a true and true "scissor" mod... reminds me of the Zoodad mod...
Yeah, it was easy. I didn't realize that the tire was only rubbing the plastic inner liner. I thought that the tires were rubbing the outside of the radius arms.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Ok, I just scoped out the situation...and the problem is just about a half inch of plastic at the bottom edge of the black liner in the wheel well. I took a pair of scissors and trimmed it up in like 2 minutes and the problem is resolved. Thanks for all the info guys. No need to adjust the stops.
Oh no- now you just ruined it's re-sale value

Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
Oh no- now you just ruined it's re-sale value
Nah...you can't even tell.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Nah, I was just funnin' - good deal that it ya got it ironed out

Quick Reply: Tires rub on new F250...didn't on my old one.