F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Tow hooks

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 06:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tow hooks

Recently traded my '04 F150 for a '06 F250 CC SWB 6.0 PSD.
Has anyone changed out their tow hooks? I have some chrome hooks I want to put on in place of the stock black ones. It looks like I will have to remove the plastic valance below the bumper to get access to the three bolts holding the hooks. Anybody have any input?

Thanks.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by BIG_BLUE_FX4
Has anyone changed out their tow hooks? I have some chrome hooks I want to put on in place of the stock black ones. It looks like I will have to remove the plastic valance below the bumper to get access to the three bolts holding the hooks. Anybody have any input?

Thanks.
my bad to double post....tryed to edit this one and ended up reposting....how embarrassing.

Last edited by RollingRock; 12-18-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:55 PM

Thanks.
I have done this...and you don't need to remove anything to get to them...you will have to buy two things.

1. Get a Universal Joint for your socket set. this will allow you to get to all three holes from the bottom of the truck. (use a 20" extension-ok three things if you don't have this)
2. Get all new nuts and bolts. The chrome tow hooks 95% of the time will not be threaded. If they are threaded, you are golden...if not, your new chrome tow hooks will no longer be usable but they will look sharp.

Here is a photo of mine. http://www.priakos.com/images/JasonP...6/IMG_2435.JPG

Old 12-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks RollingRock. I don't think the new chrome hooks are threaded...bummer. I will tackle this over the weekend.

Nice looking KR you got there. What grill insert do you have? It looks sharp.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks RollingRock. I don't think the new chrome hooks are threaded...bummer. I will tackle this over the weekend.

Nice looking KR you got there. What grill insert do you have? It looks sharp.
Where did you get your tow hooks? Was it a guy up in MI area selling them on ebay?

Front grill is Putco Virtual Grille...
picked it up here... http://www.truktoys.com/modelView.aspx?id=79 Not sure if I can post that or not.
Install took a total of about 14 min. A lot easier than my 04 F150....that took some time.

JP

Old 12-19-2006, 10:29 AM
I got the tow hooks from a buddy that works at the Kentucky Truck Plant. I'm hoping that he can get me the chrome tie-downs for the bed as well.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the tow hooks from a buddy that works at the Kentucky Truck Plant. I'm hoping that he can get me the chrome tie-downs for the bed as well.
Hey man, I've been looking for some tow hooks for a 1999 F-250 (my brother's truck). I have checked all over the internet and every store in my county and no one has them. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed.

In all seriousness, if you do replace your factory tow hooks, I would be greatly appreciative if we could make some arrangement where I could have them. I desperately need them.

I know this is an odd request, and I'll understand if you say no, but any help you could provide would be great. Thanks.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
Hey man, I've been looking for some tow hooks for a 1999 F-250 (my brother's truck). I have checked all over the internet and every store in my county and no one has them. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed.

In all seriousness, if you do replace your factory tow hooks, I would be greatly appreciative if we could make some arrangement where I could have them. I desperately need them.

I know this is an odd request, and I'll understand if you say no, but any help you could provide would be great. Thanks.
I have not had a chance to swap them out yet. I was out of town for Christmas, and have been busy painting since I returned. I am planning to change them this weekend or early next week. Once I get the chrome hooks on, I will let you know. I'm sure we can work something out.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well it's entirely up to you. I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

Old 12-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Did you get them installed yet?

Let see some pics

JP

Old 12-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Enough is Enough Already
if your chrome hooks came from kentuckey truck plant and are made by ford then they should be usable i have the chrome package which comes with them and they are usable

Old 12-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by seangranger
if your chrome hooks came from kentuckey truck plant and are made by ford then they should be usable i have the chrome package which comes with them and they are usable
If they are threaded then yes they are 100% usable. If not, you have to find bolts and nuts to attach them...chances are you cannot just roll down to Home Depot or Lowes and buy hardened steel bolts.....so I wouldn't trying pulling another F150 or F250 out of a mud hole.
My .02 worth.

Old 12-31-2006, 05:36 PM
I would like to find someone who could copper plate mine I think they would look good on my Kr

Old 01-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Did you get them installed yet?

Let see some pics

JP
Unfortunately not yet. My truck has been at the dealer since last Tuesday getting some minor blemishes touched up. I would be a little TO'd that it's taking so long, but I'm getting free mileage on a 07 Taurus loaner. I will hopefully get the truck back today or tomorrow. I will definately post pics when I get them changed out. FYI, I looked at the new chrome hooks again, and they are threaded.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately not yet. My truck has been at the dealer since last Tuesday getting some minor blemishes touched up. I would be a little TO'd that it's taking so long, but I'm getting free mileage on a 07 Taurus loaner. I will hopefully get the truck back today or tomorrow. I will definately post pics when I get them changed out. FYI, I looked at the new chrome hooks again, and they are threaded.
If you can get another pair of those threaded ones, I would like to find them....shoot me a note if you would.

jason@Priakos.com

Quick Reply: Tow hooks