F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Need help choosing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help choosing...

I currently own a 95 f-150 2wd and am about to sell it. I can:

A. Take over payments of my dads 02 stroker. Would cost me 7-9K
B. Sell my truck (dad says I can get possibly 6-6500 for my truck) and buy a 2002 or 2003(not sure what year) King Ranch. Very Very Very nice truck and always kept nice.

I was so excited when choice A came along but not that choice B is there I am up in the air. Money wise they will be around the same (KR will be a tad bit more). I am working so I do have a little money coming in but only around 3-350 a month(16 year old). But I am trying to talk my mom into letting me work 2 jobs. Where I surrently work for 5.70/hr and a place where I can make 6/hr and time and a half on sundays so 9/hr on sundays. I will be working a lot but hey look at all the money I could be racking in. Then I would have enough to make payments on the truck. So which option should I choose?BTW I think this is a very good problem for a 16 year old to have.I am almost 17 and a Junior in High School so after this year I will be basically done. I won't have to take a math class or science. Next year I am considering taking 3 hr auto but the thing with that is I don't know much about vehicles so I don't want to look like an idiot while I'm in there but I think I will do it anyhow.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is your father going to get another truck if you take over the payments on his?

Old 09-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Yes. He is going to get a 6.6 twin turbo stroker. I think he is waiting to see how well they do once they first come out but my turck is starting to scare me. It is doing so many things right now. Go to the pre-1997 section and look at my post thier. It has a list of the things it is doing. I am not wanting to "dump" a lot of money into it since I am about ready to get a new vehicle. So I am kind of wanting to sell my truck quick as possible so something doesn't happen to it and I end up spending big $$ on it. I don't know if it is a minor thing or what. But I am wanting to get rid of it but my dad isn't ready for a new truck yet so that is possibly one reason why I am leaning toward option B but then agian I don't know if his turck his officially up for sale. Me and my dad were working on a dozer and he came by because he thought it was electrical( He owns a electrial type store. Sells batteries,altenators,etc.) so he stopped by to see if he could find out what was wrong. He came up to me and said are you about ready to get rid of your truck? And I said I don't know why and he said I need to buy his truck because he is about ready to sell it. And the decision is between me and my dad but nice wise I like my dads truck because it is a stroker but I like his KR because it is a very very sharp and clean truck. The thing is I'm not sure which I should get so I was asking which I should get.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I think you mean 6.4TT.

If I was in your shoes having to work 2 jobs just to pay for a vehicle I would take your pops truck and give him your current truck. That way he can trade your truck later on and have a down payment on his new truck and just incase you can't make the payments right off he can help you out if needed.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
I think you mean 6.4TT.

If I was in your shoes having to work 2 jobs just to pay for a vehicle I would take your pops truck and give him your current truck. That way he can trade your truck later on and have a down payment on his new truck and just incase you can't make the payments right off he can help you out if needed.
That is what the original plans were is him take my truck and sell it. But see he can't take my truck and drive it because he uses his powerstroke. He is a Case salesman so sometime he may have to deliever a skidsteer or something else and about everyday he is hauling a gooseneck. Thier is no way in heck my truck could haul that. Not to mention mine is a slick little street truck(see my gallary). So when he does go to get a new truck I will sell mine,he keeps the money uses it as a down payment,and I take over payments. He said we may have to refinance his truck for my to take over payments. Because currently they are like $450 but he pays $500 monthly. So $450 is a lot in a month. But I have about $3000 saved up in the bank. So all and all his truck will cost me about 4-5K if I use the money in my bank. Which I can make that in a year if I work steady at my 1 job. I made about 1,300 last year from august to december. And about 1500 from january to the begining of march. Then I quit and now i am back working thier and getting like 20-25 hrs a week. 2 weeks ago I worked 24 hrs and last week I worked 18 1/4. What sucks is the bulk of my hrs are Friday,Saturday nights and sunday mornings. So I basically don't go hanging out with my friends because I choose to work toward something in like instead of getting trashed every friday & Saturday night. I hate when a few of my former friends (long story) always asks dude what was I doing Friday night? I was so wasted I don't remember anything. I mean I have this one former friend that has Been Arested,Let a 15 year old drive thinking he was sober (which he wasn't) well they were speeding in the rain and hydroplained into Tractor Supply Company and totaled his mom's new car,Went to a party and parker his truck basically on the train tracks and the train hits it,He backed into a tree trying to turn around because they passed up the party. Now he has drug anther one of my former friends down the same path as him. We go the cops called on us firday before school because we meet a 6 in the morning to eat breakfast somewhere. Well we get to school and he starts doing donuts in the parking lot(drives a old toyota pick-up) and someone calls the cops. Well someone came out thier and told us to stop acting like idiots and jacka$$(excactly what the officer told us). So all day I thought they were going to suspend our parking permits and I was in my dads truck that day and thier was no way I wanted to have anything happen to that truck.Anyway its just a long story. In fact we are going to have like a boxing type thing with all our friends and if we do that I am thinking of boxing either of the 2 kids that I talked about from above. Mainly the one that was doing donuts because he quit work(use to work with me) after like 2 weeks. Didn't call in didn't show up to work. So he left me out hanging trying to cover for 2 people. And we were BUSY! So thats one reason and that just pissed me off. So if we do box I am messin that kid up. Thier is no way he can beat me. He is a skinny weak kid who has turned into a ****y sob. I am stronger,bigger,and probably a better boxer than him. I believe if I am mad enough I could probably beat anyone. I just have never really gotten into it with anyone enough to want to fight them. Anyway this is turning into a lot longer post than it should have been...lol...sorry.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Wow you said alot lol.

Take your dad's truck.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:07 PM
LOL I know I got off topic. About that one kid evidently he wants to fight me know. I just laughed. If he wants to fight he would get his butt kicked. I talked to him today and I kept it cool and acted like nothing was wrong because to tell you the truth he is still a friend but we arent as tight but I don't know if that patched things up but if it didn't I guese it didn't. I guese someone told him I was talking "poop" about him which I never once said anything about him so then he told some people he was going to "woop my butt". LOL This kid is a whooping 140ish 5'8ish. I'm 5'10 200 and out muscle him by a ton. I am so much stronger than him. But whatever. Anyway I better go before I am late to work!