F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Lightning needs a playmate!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lightning needs a playmate!!!

Found a new 2006 F-250 Crew PSD 4x4 today. I must say, it is impressive! Black, XLT, and Chrome package. Disounted price is $38,500+$6500 in options installed by 4 Wheel Parts here in Orlando (6" lift, 20" chrome wheels and 35x13.50 XTerrain tires. All Pro-Comp.). Going back to sign the papers tomorrow. I just have one concern...

I have seen on this forum and others, that a lot of people have concerns about the 6.0L. Have most of the bugs been worked out since '03? I want to do some performance upgrades. But, if there are still major issues, I might enjoy that 100K Mi warranty for a while. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 08-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Ggg
I think most of the problems have been addressed.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Most of the problems were fixed in 03. With the massive volume of these engines made, and the newness of it, there were bound to be problems. I would have full confidance in one.

Adrianspeeder

Old 08-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Thumbs up Love MY 6.0!

I have an 04 6.0 CC,SB,Lariat, and I LOVE my truck!! I would highly recommend the PSD. And I WOULD buy one again!!

Old 08-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Been cruising in the new toy! I love it!!!! The looks you get in this thing... I would think I was driving a Lamborghini!!! I had the windows cracked a little while I was at the stop light right by UCF (RICER central USA!). This little Honda pulls up next to me at the light with a bunch of kids in it. All I heard was "Daaaaaaamnnnn!!!!". It gets respect! It's a keeper. Thanks guys, for the words of encouragement as far as the new 6.0L. I am going to the Kandy Store (4 wheel Parts INC) this weekend to get some goodies!

Old 08-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah, pictures coming soon. Gonna introduce "Hoss" to the rest of the "Fleet".

Old 08-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Talking

Your truck sounds sweeeeet!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pix of your new ride!! There is NOTHING like driving a Super Duty!!!

Trending Topics

Old 09-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Arrow Long SAD story... With a happy ending!

Well, here we go. The truck that I described in this post is no more. After taking the truck back to the dealership, I needed a day to get my check. It was a weekend, so the bank would not be open. On that Sunday, I got a call from the salesman to say that someone came in and bought the truck. 2 hours later, he called back and said it was still available. I guess the guy's credit wasn't good and it fell through. I received several other phone calls that day from him, saying that it was bought and not bought... It was getting old. This F-250 was included on the "Employee Plan" sale that they have going on. So, it seems that in the last week of the promotion, they are having a lot of people interested. Ultimately, I gave up on this one and started exploring other options.

While searching other dealers lots, I came across a Black F-250 Sport. It was in the back of the lot buried amidst a sea of Commercial F series vehicles. I went to the showroom and inquired about it. To my surprise, they had no idea what I was talking about. (Don Reid Ford is a large dealership here in Orlando. They deal in a lot of commercial vehicles.) I took a walk with the New Car Manager out to the lot... He looked surprised when I showed him what I had found. THEY HAD NO IDEA THAT THEY HAD ANOTHER PSD F-250 LEFT OUT THERE! Also, it turns out that it was a 2005!!! We went back to his office and it turns out that it truly got lost in the shuffle. It took them an hour just to find the keys to it! They had fallen behind the rack!

You see, there has been a large demand for these trucks because of the deals that Ford has been offering. The 2005's have been sold for quite some time because they were offering an additional $2500.00 off the EMPLOYEE Price. This made this truck's price about $11,000.00 off sticker! I, needless to say, bought it on the spot! I think I found a gem!

I already had the funds secured to buy the 2006 with all the extras on it. So, now, I have a bunch of money left over to make my new truck stand out! It will be much more fun, I think, to do all the upgrades myself! I couldn't be happier! Here are some pictures of the new toy!

Last edited by Black1; 09-05-2005 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:12 AM
That looks very familiar....

Old 09-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by harleyrider
That looks very familiar....

Old 09-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Awesome truck!! Nice when you stumble on "deals".

Old 09-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Ggg
VERY nice truck, glad you got it. I hope you were able to tell the salesman at the other stealer to take his "salesmanship" and shove it.

Quick Reply: Lightning needs a playmate!!!