F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Floor mats for SD CC

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-1999, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Floor mats for SD CC

Well, my SD CC is on order. I got the Lariat with tan interior. I wanted carpet delete, but, my wife wanted carpet. With two little boys and a big German Shepard (not to mention duck hunting and fishing) there are going to be days when I need carpet protection. I'm looking for some good floor mats that will hold the mud and water in.

I've been looking at "WeatherTech" and "Husky Liners". Does anyone have or know of anyone who use these? If not, what are some other options?

Thanks!
Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe543 (edited 12-21-1999).]

Old 12-21-1999, 05:53 PM
J-C
Thumbs up

When I ordered my 99 XLT SD CC one of the few differences was the Lariat came with floormats and the XLT didn't. My wife got the floormats from the Ford parts counter.
They won't hold the mud like the mats you're looking at, but they do protect the carpet. Mine (also Tan interior) are just like the carpet they protect.
Why don't you wait until you get the truck and see what works?
How do you keep the dog off the rear seat?
Good Luck!

------------------
1999 F-250 XLT Super Duty Crew Cab Long Bed
V-10, Automatic 4R100, 4.30 Limited Slip.
GVW = 6700# Towing Capacity = 13,300#
4 Wheel ABS disks + Reese 15K hitch
Dark Hunter Green. Ford Running Boards.
Grey Rhino-Liner. Captain's Chairs. CD+Tape
Polished Stainless Steel Wheel-well Molding http://members.home.net/jchartier/jnctrk.html

Old 12-21-1999, 11:24 PM
Its my plan to get the Husky liner for mine.
Folks on www.edmunds.com 's superduty forum think they look and work great..

I'll probably order them from Cabalas, online of course.

Old 12-22-1999, 08:04 AM
Thumbs up

I went to Home Depot and bought some hallway runner vinal in clear. Cost me a whopping $2.50 for about a 6 foot length. It's got paper under it that I layed on the carpet and made a pattern by. Used it to cut the vinal and then placed it on the floorboard. Put the carpet mats on top of this. The mats catch most of the dirt from the kids shoes and I just shake them out. About once a week I run a vaccuum over the vinal. Works great and the carpet under the vinal stays new. My new truck is due in, in Jan and I'll be headed out to Home Depot for more vinal for it. I have a dog too and I always just keep a "big" towel in the back that I can cover the seats with. This is also very easy to take back out and wash. Scotchguarding the seats is also a good idea. I see you're getting the CC, me too. So the back seats don't fold down, you should cover them somehow, because of the dog. I've been thinking of making some type of wooden cover to slip back there to make a bed that covers the whole space. Gotta wait for the truck first. When's your build date??

------------------
2000 F250 Crew Cab 4x2 6 speed Diesel
Woodland Green, XLT Super Duty
Captain's Chairs, 3.73 LS, Power Mirrors
Trailer tow Pkg, Class IV hitch,
running boards, rear privacy glass,
am/fm/cassette/cd, sliding rear window
265/75/16 AS OWL tires, ARE tonnaue top,
Clarion APA 5240 amp

Old 12-22-1999, 10:20 AM
I plan on getting a seat cover for the back seat, for the dog and the boys. My idea would be to lay the mats down on top of the Lariat mats, when needed. Otherwise, I'll keep the mats in the garage.

The exception would be the Husky liner. I could lay the Lariat mats on top of the liner and then simply remove the them when the conditions call for it. Yeah!, I like like that idea. I'll get the tan Husky liner and place the Lariat mats on top!

Has anyone with the Husky liners tried this? My only concern would be the mats sliding around? I could probally solve that though.

I don't have an exact arrival date, but, the dealer estimated late January or early February.

Thanks

waiting for:
2000 F250 SD CC SB 4x4 Lariat V8
white/tan leather TT mirrors trailer/tow pkg off-road pkg and a few other things

Old 12-22-1999, 11:26 AM
I have a 00 250 CC Lariet. I ordered the Husky floor liners from Cabela's (great company with outstanding shipping costs). I got the tan ones. They match the interior of the truck better the Ford ones! They have a trough for water and mud to run off into and fit perfectly. Took them with me when we picked up the truck. No one got in until I laid them in. They have saved the carpet twice since then, once from oil I tracked in and once when my boy got sick. Glad I had leather seats that clean up easily then too! There is no need to lay your factory issued mats back in, the Husky's look great.

Old 12-29-1999, 11:52 AM
I have posted pics of the floormats I ordered from WeatherTech...they are great! Follow link in signature!

------------------
2000 F-250 SD XLT CC LB AT 3:73LS 6.8L <A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=162943

" TARGET=_blank>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=162943

</A>

Old 01-19-2000, 04:41 PM
Thumbs down

I have had the Husky liners in my Superduty and am not happy with them at all. They look great in pictures but when it comes down to it they just do not do the job. They are quite thin and not nearly as thick as they look. I would physically take a look at the Husky Liner before buying it.

------------------
Ryan Marselis
Owner
Superliner...and more!
Your SuperDuty parts source.

480-633-2624

[This message has been edited by Mr. Superduty (edited 01-20-2000).]

Quick Reply: Floor mats for SD CC