F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Another Recall !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2000, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Another Recall !!!

From the Windsor Star - January 4, 2000

"More than 44,000 Ford F250 and 350 Super Duty pickups are being recalled because they have failed mandatory crash tests. The trucks are from the 1999 and 2000 model years and all are equipped with eight-foot boxes. Transport Canada says tests showed that the box attachment may be damaged in a 48-km/h front impact. If that happens, the box could detach or come loose, damaging the fuel system among other things. The same model trucks equipped with gasoline engines sustained damage to a valve in the fuel systems during rollover tests.
Ford mechanics will install retaining cables to ensure the boxes don't shift or come detached. And a plate will be attached to the frame to prevent damage to the valve. The recall number is 99S32."

Just a little help for my bigger brothers on the road these days. Someday, I will be one of them too.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

------------------
1994 F-150 XLT Supercab, Long Box, 302 EFI, Automatic, Royal Blue in and out, Captain Chairs. Chrome Rims 15x8's, Michelin LTX M/S 105S 235/75R15 (Summer), OEM Aluminum Rims 15x8's, Michelin LTX M/S 108S (Winter), Lightly Tinted, Soft Tonneau Cover, Ford Receiver Hitch Cover & Lock, Alpine CDM-7829 Head Unit, PPI 4800 Amplifier, Kicker 10" Solo Baric Sub with Custom Box and Kicker Impulse 6.5 Mid & Tweets.

Old 01-05-2000, 01:56 AM
Sounds ALOT like the recall on the Short Beds, where they put a cable bolted on the frame, through the bed rails under bed. i was wondering when it was going to affect the Long Beds.

------------------
Max
'99.5 F-250 SD PSD CC Lariat SB
I 'Still' Love This truck

Old 01-07-2000, 12:08 AM
J-C
Thumbs down

The letter I received for my SD CC Long-Bed stated that the recall was because it was found that the truck could leak more fuel than was allowed after a crash - no details on how big a leak is allowed or why they might leak.
I called my dealer and he said he had no parts to do the work. I'm to check back later this month.
I guess I'll have them correct the leaking RR Axle seal at the same time. I'm getting tired of cleaning grease off my RR aluminum wheel

Old 01-07-2000, 12:29 AM
Thumbs up

thanks for the recall notice. i ordered a short box w/156 wb so that i didn't have to order the motor yacht lights and fog horn. heard just about every other excuse though.

Quick Reply: Another Recall !!!