F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

superduty coin holder

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-1999, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post superduty coin holder

In another thread I saw a comment related to the coin holder in the fold down arm rest on the split bench and I am wondering if there is any problem with that piece being acknowledged by Ford. I didn't bring mine in right away when I first had problems and now my dealer (not the place I bought the truck, I moved) says I'm past the warranty period on the interior so he can't do anything. According to him, the whole fold down piece has to be replaced to cure the coin holder problem, and that costs about $500. Any ideas?

Old 08-14-1999, 02:31 PM
4x4
Got mine replaced just last week. Never heard of interior warranty being any different than regular warranty, sounds like your dealer just doesn't want to mess with it. They do though have to replace the whole fold down piece. If worse comes to worse and they refuse to pay for it, go to ford motor company's web page and go to the section called owner's connection. There they take your VIN number and what dealer you are dealing with. You then e-mail them your problem and they will contact the dealer to set them straight and contact you back in three days to let you know they are working on the problem. Worked for me, I had two recalls that needed to be done in May and the coin holder fix, but was told none of the parts were in so they would have to order all of it. Would contact me approx 2 weeks later to bring it back in. So after 3 months of no cruise control,coin holder, and brake sheild I was referred to owners connection. Took five days for dealer to contact me and tell me he had an appointment on Monday morning for me to bring the truck in! Fixed all three problems in about 3 hours! Try it if it comes down to it.

------------------
99 F250SD Black Lariat Crew Cab 4x4, 4inch Procomp lift, 35x15.50 Swampers, 16.5x9.75 Weld Scorpios, Full Billet grill, LIne-X liner, Procomp and Rancho shocks, 40 Series Flowmaster, recalibrated speedo, superchipped,K&N filter

Old 08-15-1999, 12:06 AM
Thanks, I might have to try that. What he's saying is that the interior is only warranteed to 12 or 15,000 miles, I forget which.

Quick Reply: superduty coin holder