Expedition / Navigator

Speed Grill (?) North Texas Folks

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed Grill (?) North Texas Folks

Folks,
I ordered my Speed Grills for my Expy & SuperCrew- They arrived today, but to my dismay, the truck accessory company here in Plano doesn't install grills anymore due to the complexity.

Does anyone know of a location in Plano/North Dallas/Garland that does this type of work?

I can probably put them on myself, but I'd rather pay someone to do it quickly, and correctly- that way of something gets messed up, I can bring it back to them to fix.

Reply here, or hit me at: dontstartnone@yahoo.com

Old 09-19-2002, 12:48 PM
There is a shop on 635 and 35 that might be able to help you. I think it is DFW Camper Correl (Spelling?) They are there are on the south side of 635 and the east side of 35. From 635 W (towards DFW), take the Harry Hines Exit. Cross back under 635 and before the BMW dealership take a right. (Rail Road tracks there. Cannot rememebr if you cross them or not). Anyway, they are on the Right side. Got my Hidden Hitch, vent visors and other stuff there.

There is also 2 places in Plano. One is Joe's Hitch and Trailers or Joe's Truck Accessories, or some thing like that. They are on Plano Parkway. Cannot remember the crossroad. Just east of there on Plano Parkway is 4 Wheel Parts Warehouse. They are between Jupiter and Shiloh.

I am not sure if any of these guys would be able to help, but maybe you can find someone at one of these places to assist.

Boxter

Old 09-19-2002, 04:39 PM
Thanks Boxter-

Yep,
I've had just about all my accessories installed at Joe's Hitch & Trailer, but they for some reason, won't install billets anymore- They'll order them for you, but won't install them.... Ain't that a _____?

I'll try that spot near 635/35- I'm closer to 75, so I've also called a few shops in Garland & McKinney. Hopefully, they can help too.

I ordered my speed grills from Street Scene direct and saved $200.00 plus on the two grills I ordered over what I was getting quoted locally. I think I'll get my brush guard from Manik if they'll deal directly with the consumer.

Thanks again.

Old 09-19-2002, 06:26 PM
Any Automotive Body Shop in town should be able to help you. It's not that dificult on most vehicles and body shops are removing and replacing grills all day long. I'd be more inclined to try one of them than some accessory outfit that has never done one before.

Old 09-19-2002, 09:07 PM
theres a shop at....

main and 121 lewisville,some indian(american)name cant recall...dont know if theyll put on since you didnt buy from them...also try a shop on the west side of central in richardson,between arapaho(jeez another indian name) and beltline,on the service road

Old 09-20-2002, 03:34 PM
West side of Central between Beltline & Arapaho?

Will do- That's closer to me than Lewisville!

I pulled them out of the box today- They're one piece (Instead of the dreaded 4-piece units) and per the instructions, I'd have to take off the radiator cover, the headlight asemblies, and the grill to put the SS Speed Grill in.

I wonder if Service King would do it for me? They're huge, and common in the DFW area. Thanks for the advice, let me make some calls!

Old 09-20-2002, 07:12 PM
DFW Camper Corral

installed by hard tonneau and they install billet grilles too.. they did a great job on my tonneau and when it needed and adj they took care of it pronto.. they have 4 locations in the metroplex.. they also have a website...
Good Luck
Dana

Old 09-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Now I have two locations I can try-

I called plenty-o collision centers..... No dice.

Old 09-22-2002, 11:37 PM
No luck-

Man, I rode all over DFW Saturday- No luck getting the grill installed.

I came home & tried installing it myself, I took off the radiator cover, and the screws securing the grill- then I found that the headlight assemblies had to be removed to get the grill off.

The instructions said- "Loosem 7mm bolt above each headlight, on the inside corners behind the grill" I only had bolts above the corner marker lights- so I said _____ it.

I put the grill back in he box, and reinstalled the bolts, and the radiator cover. I didn't make it to DFW Camper Coral- I'll try them next weekend. The Ford dealership said they'd install it, but I know their labor will cost more than he grill did, which wouldn't be so bad, but I have to get them put on both truck$!

I'd love a cheaper alternative- I know some of you guys in Texas on this site have aftermarket grills- fess-up! Is there a location in Richardson, Plano, Dallas, Garland, North Dallas that does this? I know you all aren't going to Arlington geting grills put on.

Please provide the name of the location if you have it please.....

Old 09-23-2002, 08:50 AM
The DFW Camper Corral

I went to is on I-30 just west of 635.. not too far from where you are located. Just scream down 635 to I-30 and its like the second or third exit... Call them in advance to make sure they can fit you in... they are very fast and good at what they do.. not sure how much they will charge but ask them when you call.. it took them less than two hours to install my Bedrug and my Snuglid.. I was one happy camper..
Dana

Old 09-23-2002, 11:46 PM
The headlight's come out with the slide of a clip. On the back side you'll see it. Slide it up and pop out the headlight.

I had to replace the grill and surround right after I got mine. Someone kicked up and large piece of metal and through it into the grill. It wasn't that bad at all. Biggest trick was figuring out all the trim fasteners and clips etc to remove lights and things.

Old 09-27-2002, 05:28 PM
Speed Grill Installed!

Man, it looks sweet-

I put the emblem back into it, so as to not look like everyone else, w/o the emblem- I like that blue oval!

I will have to get some snaps soon, I just about got it looking like I want it too! Next- Manik Brush guard & some PIAA lights.

Hersh

Quick Reply: Speed Grill (?) North Texas Folks