Expedition / Navigator

Really Hid For Expy

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really Hid For Expy

I have found these's lights but there are very expensive. $800
It includes clear lens, wiring harness and real HID look.

Do you guys think it is worth it ?

Here is the link

www.sylvania.com/xenarc/x2010.htm

Old 01-17-2002, 12:29 PM
I've been watching that, too. They would be sweet! The page says shipping in December, so I don't know if they are actually available yet.

Ian

Old 01-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Those are some sweet lights! I my self had been looking for some HID lights, but with all my recent issues with my truck, I am going to hold off and see what Ford does. I have seen kits run as high as $1,200. $800 for the set is not bad at all. The only issue I take with this is the company that makes the system.

I had a set of the "cheater bulbs" when the HID's first came out. I bought a set of bulbs from this company (sylvania). They were crap! They let go after about 3 weeks of use. (I had a total of 4 bulbs in the car. 2 heads and 2 fogs). Had to replace them all like 3 times (in less than a year). I know it was not my car as a friend of mine ran a different bulb size, but made by the same company, in his car. Same issue.

Do a little checking around. See if anyone has installed them. See what issues (if any) they have had.

Boxter

Old 01-17-2002, 04:49 PM
That Dec 2001. The lights are available

Old 01-17-2002, 08:48 PM
There's currently a lot of talk about putting Lightning tailights on SuperCrews. Some are saying it's illegal in their state. Others say their state says it's okay so long as it has the Ford logo on it. I'm just wondering how legal these lights are?

Old 01-18-2002, 12:58 AM
the lightning, along with all altezza lights are street legal. as long as they have the red reflectors, not the colored lens but the actual reflector than they are D.O.T approved.

Old 02-07-2002, 08:27 PM
Xenarcs

I installed a set of Sylvania Xenarcs on my '97 Expy and LOVE them. They look like real xenon lights because they ARE real xenon lights.

Down the road night-time vision is so much better, there simply is no comparison to what passed for headlights as installed by the factory. I highly recommend this upgrade. Worth every penny if you do much driving at night (plus they look great even when they're not turned on).

Quick Reply: Really Hid For Expy