Expedition / Navigator

Code P0022 after body repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Code P0022 after body repair

I know there are tons of threads on VCT and p0022 but my issues arose after taking my NAV to a body repair shop.
I had a front end accident and after getting it back from the shop, I noticed it lacked power under load. I took it back to them and they fixed the shorted turn bulb but did not see a problem with the engine. They dropped it off at Aamco for me the they said it had 4 codes and barely ran. I agrued with them that it only had a power issue under load and went to get it. They were right, it ran like crap. when cleaning the VCTs I found a vacuum line unplugged. three codes went away and now I just had p0022. I know it had no codes when I took it in so what could the shops have done to f$#% it up. I flushed with BG109, refilled with pen plat. 5W20 full syn, changed the VCTs, changed the cam pos. sensors, changed the fuel filter and the engine runs so quiet now but RPM went from 900 to 600 and it shake and drops the code still. I do not see how the accident or the shops could have affected the phasers so I do not want to throw 2 grand to Aamco for that. In Aamco's defence, they looked at the car for a few days and did not even charge a fee so I believe it was the body shop that left the vacuum open and did something else.

Any thoughts or tests I can do?

Old 08-26-2017, 12:07 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
How much body repairs did you have?

It's not uncommon to have deep enough intrusion that can cause issues to the front of the engine or the harness

Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just front end bumper, shroud, radiator, lights. Radiator was no leaking nor was the AC but both dents and replaced.

Just drove over 250 miles this weekend and only had issues coming to idle and once under load going uphill at high speed. P.S. must likely unrelated, but the Radio just went out on Friday.