Expedition / Navigator

Computer Chips For 2000 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Computer Chips For 2000 Expedition

Could anyone recommend a chip/programmer for my 2000 Expy? I'm looking at Jet Performance, Hypertech, and Superchips.

Thanks,
john
2000 Expy XLT 4x2
5.4L
Airaid
Poweraid
Gibson Cat-Back

Old 06-12-2001, 07:58 PM
Thumbs up

I'm more than happy with the Superchip in mine. I've got the other mods you do as well. Except for the PowerAid. Post in Computer Chips or call Mike Troyer directly. I bouhgt mine from him. He's very knowledgable and a super guy.

Do you notice any benefit from the PowerAid? There are tons of posts where if people haven't returned them for a refund, they're using them for paper weights. Although it supposedly really does work well with the 4.2. Many have posted lose of performance. Looks for posts by "Neal" in several forums. He claimed a loss in his quarter mile times.

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
-->Follow Me...<--

Old 06-12-2001, 09:45 PM
Can't really say if I've gained anything with the Poweraid. I should have put my truck on a dyno before/after the mods, but didn't.

Old 06-12-2001, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Expy69-
FamilyRide is dead on correct. I've been runnig a Superchip in my 2000 Expy for awhile now and it's the best mod you can do for the vehicle. It's amazing how much better the throttle response and shifting is with this upgrade. Go to the Computer Chips forum, and you'll find Mike Troyer. He's a tremendous asset to these boards, and will answer all of your questions about the product.

Good luck with your upgrade...

------------------
Jeff's Expy: 2000 Wedgewood Blue Expy XLT 5.4L 4x4, C&C group, beige leather interior, captain's chairs, 6 CD Changer, towing package, Mobil1 5W-30 Synthetic w/ Puralator filter, Mobil1 Mercron synthetic (Power Steering)
MODS
  • Ford all-weather floor mats (2/15/00)
  • Ford Bug Deflector (2/15/00)
  • Superchip (3/11/00)
  • Airaid (3/23/00)
  • Edelbrock IAS shocks (3/23/00)
  • Under Seat Locking Storage Drawer (6/6/00)
  • MPC Rear Air Foil (7/2/00)
  • Ford fog lamps (11/15/00)
  • Wizard Super-White Headlamps and Foglamps (1/15/01)
  • Gibson Swept Side catback (2/8/01)
  • Hellwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar (2/8/01)
  • Ventshade Window Ventvisors (3/4/01)
  • Stull Billet Grill (4/21/01)
  • APC Clear Corners (4/21/01)
  • Nokia Hands-Free Phone System (5/7/01)
  • PIAA Super White Running Board Lamps (5/8/01)
  • Michelin CrossTerrain 255/70R16 Tires (5/30/01) (*Due to Ford Recall)
  • Energy Suspension Front Anti-Sway Bar Poly Bushings Set (6/2/01)

Old 06-13-2001, 10:38 AM
Superchip here too!! Best bang for the buck
and makes driving alot more fun!
Ill vouch for Mike T. as well,nice guy and knows what he's talking about. Very helpfull.
Just do it, you wont regret it!!

------------------
2000 EB EXPY
3.55 LS
K&N
Gibson SS Exhaust
Moonroof
Superchip
Royal Purple 5w-30
01 lightning headlamps and corners
00 Lightning wheels with Michelin pilot LTX 285/55/18 The mod bug has bitten!!

Old 06-13-2001, 03:07 PM
I am also very pleased with the Superchip in my '00 Expy. Shifts are better, throttle response is better, as is overall power when going full throttle. The only other mods I have are a K&N air filter/inlet to the throttle body and a Trans-Go shift kit.

Give Mike a call.

------------------
Wes Tarbox
http://members.aol.com/wa2fst/home.htm
90 LX 5.0 (10.69 @ 134.7)--615rwhp/594rwtq--Featured in Super Ford 1/00
98 Saleen S351 #15 (12.63 @ 113.8)
99 Lightning (13.20 @ 103.8)--364rwhp/447rwtq
00 Expedition XLT 5.4

Old 06-13-2001, 05:18 PM
Talking

Anyone have any experience with the JET Performance chip.
I used to own a "Built" Thunderbird Super Coupe and Mike Troyer ended up with "egg on his face" a few times over the Superchip combo for those cars. He hyped the chip as the ppower gainer, when it was the overdrive pulley he sold as part of the package that was earning the HP gains.
So preferrably I would rather use the JET chip if there is any GOOD feedback on it.

Trending Topics

Old 06-14-2001, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 2bluforu,

That is pure BS, plain and simple, and almost got Bill Hull sued out of existence, the "gentleman" who was running the Super Coupe club at that time, back when he made that claim.

I have *NEVER* made any such claim about the Superchip that is part of our kit for the Super Coupe. The person who made that claim was Bill Hull himself.

If you want to call me and talk to me about this, I'll be happy to speak with you in a calm manner, so you'll be informed of the actual facts. I *never* said any such thing to anyone, ever, at any time.

Our application for the 1989-1995 Thunderbird Super Coupe, of which I was an owner as well, has always made most of it's power from the increased boost, just as we've always said. But that also must be compensated for, as anyone who knows anything about supercharged engines knows. Just in case you may not know, you cannot safely increase boost by 50%+ in the Super Coupe as our pulley does, without re-tuning the engine properly to insure that the air/fuel ratios are in line, timing curves adjusted as needed, etc. They are far from it when you use just an aftermarket pulley by itself on the Super Coupe. Nobody (aside from Ford themselves) knows the tuning of the Super Coupe better than Superchips, as nobody else to date has had the sheer numbers of those vehicles on the dyno that Superchips has had over the years, both during and for years after it's production stopped in the 1995 model year. I was involved with those Super Coupes for years, sent many of them to be run on the Superchips eddy-current chassis dyno and other dynos, and know them and the rest of the MN-12 FoMoCo platform (Tbirds, Mark 8's) very well.

The Superchip that is part of our kit for the Super Coupe adds 10-12 of the 30+ horsepower that are gained by the Superchips combo application for the Super Coupe.

It was (and still is) a necessary and required part of that kit, to compensate for the boost levels being used, and tune the engine correctly.

UPDATE: This individual, a fellow named Tim, was kind enough to send me an email to apologize for posting what he did, and also has now apologized publicly here in this thread. That is very commendable & honest of him, & is greatly appreciated by all of us here at Performance Products!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 06-20-2001).]

Old 06-14-2001, 11:36 PM
Really enjoy reading about the chips, my problem is that the Expedition is her car and she would have a hissy fit if she had to put higher octane gasoline in it. I think maybe I will look into putting one in my F250 V10 for more trailer pulling power. Sure would like to get at the expo though.
Happy motoring folks.

Old 06-19-2001, 02:23 PM
Wow, Mike, did you find your voice getting all high and squeaky when you wrote that?

Add me to the list of happy superchip users. Mike was also a big help in correcting my speedo when I went to 4.10's.

Ian

------------------
99 Expedition EB
5.4l, 4x4, 4.10 LS
WMS Tube, Bassani Cat Back Exhaust, Superchip Flipchip, PIAA Superwhites

Old 06-20-2001, 12:42 AM
Cool

-TO EVERYONE-
Must say thanks to Mike Troyer for enlightening me.
I aplogize to Mike and Suerchips for commmenting on what I thought was the "whole" story, when it was only a half.
Mike I would LOVE to see the 5.4 Superchip data.

Old 06-20-2001, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Superexpo,

Yes, having to use premium gas can be an issue sometimes with the wife, I know that one. If you are determined to chip her vehicle too, you might want to consider our 2-program Superchip Flip Chip, which can be configured with a pair of programs, one for 87 octane and the other being our normal performance program for premium gas. That way, she can still use 87 and get a small power gain (3-5 more hp on 87) along with the other benefits (bettter shifting, delays & retards removed, etc.), and then when you drive it, you can fill it up with premium and flip the switch to get maximum power. Not trying to sell you, just letting you know that this kind of product is available, if it might be applicable for your situation.

If you like any detail, etc., please feel free to shoot us an email or just give us a quick call.

Best of luck whatever you decide!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 06-20-2001, 04:04 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi 2BLU4U,

Thank you *very* much for your last post, we sincerely appreciate it.

You weren't the only person who felt that way about us back then, thanks to that particular individual we discussed.

That was *very* upstanding of you to come back and post your apology publicly here, I thank and commend you.

That being the case, I'm going to go back and edit my initial response, as that is a personal matter that really has no place here on F-150 Online.

Thanks again for your post, 2BLU!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 06-20-2001, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Ian,

That's funny, and you're probably right, if I had been speaking instead of typing!

The bottom line is that he (2BLU4U) simply had a misunderstanding, he seems like a very nice fellow. It's just one of those things that you just can't appreciate unless you were there, this all happened 5-6 years ago. I never thought I'd see anything here about it, all these years later. Just goes to show you that good things are sometimes remembered, but bad things are *never* forgotten!

Glad to hear you're happy, of course!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 06-20-2001, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi 2BLU4U,

Sure, in fact, how about shooting me another quick email, as I have something I'd like to "speak" with you about regarding your application!

Talk to you soon,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: Computer Chips For 2000 Expedition