Expedition / Navigator

01 expy exhust & gas

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2001, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 01 expy exhust & gas

I just purchased a 2001 expy 4.6 & love the mpg. i'm getting about 20 to
21 hwy & 16-18 city. I think thats great!! My only disapointment is the discusting exhoust they put on the 2001. I mean it really stands out and shows discustingly!! You can see it haning from the rear of the truck & see it clearly from the pasenger side rear wheel. I really want to replace that factory exhoust with somthing a little more sporty. Anyone have any recomendations for a quiet exhoust thats looks nice? 2001 expy XLT 4.6 tow pkg k&n air filter.

Old 02-25-2001, 08:27 PM
01X
The mileage sounds great. I have the 5.4 with 3.55 and we just made a road trip to see my inlaws and averaged 19mpg at 74mph. This is with a 3 in. single exhaust from the y-pipe back and an orm K&N filter. This is way up from the 13mpg we started out with.
My advice to you would be to go to an aftermarket exhaust place and have them run a SINGLE exhaust throug a higher flow muffler. THere are threads that list the different brands and their sounds. I personally went with a dynaflow for a little sportier sound and it is not a packed muffle so it will not burn out a fast. It has an awesome sound under throttle and quiets down at hwy speeds. You DON'T want to open it up to much or you will lose your low end torque and hp.
As for the stock exhaust exit I went with two 2.5 in angle cut stainless steel tips up close to the body and a little farther back, looks and sounds sweet. Good luck!

Old 02-25-2001, 10:27 PM
Thumbs up

Gibson Swept Side. Go to the link at the bottom of my sig. <<Come Share my addiction>>

There are a couple of pictures that you can see how it exits. In my sig and click on the Gibson in my sig. Sounds great. If you listen to the recordings (the link at the bottom of my sig.) to me it sounds louder than it really is. The recording was also done wiht a camcorder, so it's not perfect.

Be sure to read about it at www.gibsonperformance.com. With the 4.6 you'll want to get the most out of the low end and can't aford to loose any. You'll be really happy with it.

Do searches for it to find places to buy it. Less than $300 for the Aluminized easily. Or search for my user name in Exhaust systems. In some of my posts, several other people posted on it as well. Several people have been getting the Swept Side.

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
-->Come share my Addiction<--

[This message has been edited by FamilyRide (edited 02-25-2001).]

Quick Reply: 01 expy exhust & gas