Expedition / Navigator

Injured

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Injured

I stinkin' backed out of my driveway right into the neighbors city-provided, monster trash can.

This is usually an easily avoided issue... but my neighbor left it right in the center of her driveway last night. It was right at dusk... I saw mine in the mirror, and one of hers... then BOOOOM.

Before I could stop the momentum of this massive vehicle, I'd pushed it 6 feet at least.

The driveways are back to back with an alley in between them... my driveway is at about a 20-25 degree incline, as is hers... like a shallow v

Needless to say, at that angle, it hit the sheet metal above and to the left of the rear hatch handle... nice 6 inch crease.

Not a single mark on the "bumper."

Know any fair shops in the Plano area? Or am I about to puke when I hear how much that'll cost me?

I may get a pic up tomorrow... if I can stomach taking one.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
if it is a crease than ouch, it's just a slight dent then they may be able to repair it without painting it. (if it's a good shop) I've only dealt with a couple shops in Texas. I can refer you to great shop in killeen and another in Austin

Old 10-24-2008, 12:40 PM
i knowa guy in garland shiloh rd and forrest he has a hole in the wall shop but hes painted my truck twce and he painted and installed my bumpers all his work has held up and looks very good and extremely good pricing!
his name is david sanchez 2142237206

Old 10-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by IROC it
I stinkin' backed out of my driveway right into the neighbors city-provided, monster trash can.

This is usually an easily avoided issue... but my neighbor left it right in the center of her driveway last night. It was right at dusk... I saw mine in the mirror, and one of hers... then BOOOOM.

Before I could stop the momentum of this massive vehicle, I'd pushed it 6 feet at least.

The driveways are back to back with an alley in between them... my driveway is at about a 20-25 degree incline, as is hers... like a shallow v

Needless to say, at that angle, it hit the sheet metal above and to the left of the rear hatch handle... nice 6 inch crease.

Not a single mark on the "bumper."

Know any fair shops in the Plano area? Or am I about to puke when I hear how much that'll cost me?

I may get a pic up tomorrow... if I can stomach taking one.
i know what you mean... the first 3 months i had the expy they rear ended my wife and i was so pissed off!!! the insurance paid it off and repaired it, but i know she'll never be the same because when i remove the right tail light i can see where the damage was...

but anyways hope they dont charge you to much...

Quick Reply: Injured