Expedition / Navigator

"NO CDDJ" CD-CHANGER not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"NO CDDJ" CD-CHANGER not working

Help-

I have a 2000 Expedition with factory CD-changer which has stopped working. The display reads NO CDDJ when I press the CD button. The changer seems to be dead, won't even eject the magazine. Fuses appear good, and I don't know of one specifically for the changer unit. Anyone know what this error code means? Thanks

Old 08-04-2006, 10:26 PM
My CD player just broke about 2 weeks ago. Here's what I found out while taking it apart: The fuse in mine (also 2000) is the 10A on the low, right corner of the fuse box under the dash. Without power to the CD player, the head unit displays the message you desribed. Try checking that one first. Beyond that, you can do like I did and pull it apart to get your CDs back. The lever that pulls each CD from the cartridge broke in mine so be careful not to break yours. Good luck.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:56 PM
The code means there's no CD changer connected or the CD changer is not responding. Hit the CD button twice and see if it the code clears. Could be a blown fuse or a loose connection. Most often, the CD changer has died.

Quick Reply: "NO CDDJ" CD-CHANGER not working