Expedition / Navigator

Navigator Fuel Filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigator Fuel Filter

Hi everyone, new to the site!
My wife bought a 1999 Navigator, and when I went to do all the stuff (oil, coolant, etc.) I could not get the fuel filter off! The lines do not want to pull off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I have released the clips, and the hoses will still not separate from the old filter.

Thanks!

Old 12-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Are you using the removal tool. If so It's still a bitch sometimes. I had to have my girlfriend pull on the filter while I was pushing the tool towards the fuel line.

Old 12-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by 2bscrewed
Are you using the removal tool. If so It's still a bitch sometimes. I had to have my girlfriend pull on the filter while I was pushing the tool towards the fuel line.
Yes, you definitely need the removal tool. Autozone or any other Auto Parts store should have them in stcok. You insert the right size tool onto the line and slide it towards the filter housing. It should make a click sound as it's releasing the locking mechanism on the hose. The hose should slide right off. It needs to be done to both sides. When isntalling the new filter, make sure you mount it in the right direction and then slide the hoses back on to the filter nipple. You should feel it click into place as this will lock the hose on. Give it a tug to make sure it doesn't slide back off. It can be tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it should be easier the next time. Expect some fuel to get spilled though.

Old 12-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the info guys! I will attempt again tonight!
Great site!

Quick Reply: Navigator Fuel Filter