Question for those with Borla cat backs

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 05:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for those with Borla cat backs

I recently installed a Borla cat back system (SI/DO tailpipes exit straight out the back) on my SCrew. Everything went pretty smooth except I can't get the two tailpipes to sit evenly. The passenger side tailpipe is higher, so much so that it actually contacts the bumper a little. I called Borla and they shipped me two new hangers because the kit I got may have had the wrong set of hangers shipped. I looked at the new hangers and they look the same as the ones I already have on Anyone had this problem? Please help

Mahalo From Hawaii

Old 03-22-2002, 02:57 PM
I installed Borla SI/DO system on my '98. No instructions came with the box, however they included a new black Borla hat. The pipes didn't seem right, but then I realized that I had switched the two pipes containing the front hanger studs. After I switched the pipes and tweaked and turned each pipe joint the system was good. No, it was excellent.

Bottom line: I never installed dual pipes before, but my installed pipes are straight and level. I am happy with my Borla pipes.

Old 04-15-2002, 09:30 AM
Jag
The tip on the driver's side on mine sits higher, almost to the point of touching the bumper.

The solution (so far I've been to lazy to do it), is to cut about 1" off the pipe that the tailpipe slips over. At least on mine, that will allow the front of the tailpipe to attach a little higher on the pipe that goes over the rear axle, therefore pivoting the tailpipe (around the hanger) so that it sits a little lower in the back. Hope I didn't confuse you, I think I'm confused now. He he he.

Old 04-19-2002, 06:45 PM
How do these borla systems sound? I'm looking for somethine really loud when I stand on it, but tolerably quiet on the highway. I was thinking borla would be good, especially since I live in Detroit, salt capitol of the world. Anyone have any sound clips?

Old 04-21-2002, 09:16 AM
Jag
They're not the loudest system around, by far. You know it's there on the highway, but I don't find the noise objectionable. They're real loud when you accelerate hard.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Question for those with Borla cat backs