2021 roush active exhaust high rpm odd sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 roush active exhaust high rpm odd sound

So I just installed the new 2021 active kit on my f150 with the 5.0 gen 3. Lower rpm sounds amazing high recommend this. But when you step on it will sounds like your doing a burnout when your obviously not. I’ve heard it before on a newer YouTube vid and them saying roush is looking into this and seeking a fix. Has anyone else heard of this before? Is it suppose to do that? Am I just crazy here?

Old 10-06-2021, 08:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Interesting.

I do know on some diesels with modded exhausts (or no muffler/resonator) it sounds like you are burning out, but that's something totally different...

My question is, how would you or Roush do the fix? You'd need to bring it to a muffler shop or do it yourself over again. Seems annoying. I'm wondering if Roush would pay for the labor to reinstall a muffler?

Old 10-07-2021, 03:41 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Talensafe
So I just installed the new 2021 active kit on my f150 with the 5.0 gen 3. Lower rpm sounds amazing high recommend this. But when you step on it will sounds like your doing a burnout when your obviously not. I’ve heard it before on a newer YouTube vid and them saying roush is looking into this and seeking a fix. Has anyone else heard of this before? Is it suppose to do that? Am I just crazy here?
Sending you a PM - I forwarded this to my buddy at ROUSH to get this taken care of for you.

Old 11-25-2021, 04:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a down for them, hope they fix it soon

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited by JohnMaxwell33; 11-26-2021 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2023, 08:43 AM
Active Exhaust Sound

Originally Posted by Talensafe
Have you figured out what causes this yet?
I've had this since I bought my truck new in 21.
Thanks.

Old 11-13-2023, 06:22 PM
Same Roush Issue

"Talensafe" I have the same issue on my truck!
2022 F150 5.0 with the active kit Roush exhaust.
"TruckGuy24" Can you send me the info as-well.

Thanks Tyler

Old 11-13-2023, 07:28 PM
Roush Exhaust Noise Fix

Originally Posted by Tyler5157
"Talensafe" I have the same issue on my truck!
2022 F150 5.0 with the active kit Roush exhaust.
"TruckGuy24" Can you send me the info as-well.

Thanks Tyler
I emailed Roush Customer Service at
rppcustomerservice@roush.com

Described what was going on and they said that it is a known issue with their exhaust.
They said its caused by the dual exhaust tips.

I was told to open a warranty claim with a Roush certified dealer and they would send out a new set of exhaust tips.

My dealer was booked up for a few weeks
I expained that to them and asked if they could just ship the tips to me directly. They asked for my VIN , Odometer reading, and address. I got the tips about a week later.

I don't know if they'll do that for sure but I was lucky enough to have them sent to me. Just an exhaust clamp that holds it on, no welds so it's an easy install.

Also I bought my truck with the full Roush package from a dealer that's why they needed my VIN and Odometer reading. So it might be a different process for a non Roush package, if you just have the exhaust. But I would think they would take care of it either way.

I'll attach pictures of the new one they sent and the part number. The only change I can tell is a vent on the bottom side of each pipe after the Y in the tip.

PART# PT00046023-AA

These are the vents they put on to stop the noise.

Last edited by Adamfell; 11-13-2023 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:04 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Adamfell
I emailed Roush Customer Service at
rppcustomerservice@roush.com

Described what was going on and they said that it is a known issue with their exhaust.
They said its caused by the dual exhaust tips.

I was told to open a warranty claim with a Roush certified dealer and they would send out a new set of exhaust tips.

My dealer was booked up for a few weeks
I expained that to them and asked if they could just ship the tips to me directly. They asked for my VIN , Odometer reading, and address. I got the tips about a week later.

I don't know if they'll do that for sure but I was lucky enough to have them sent to me. Just an exhaust clamp that holds it on, no welds so it's an easy install.

Also I bought my truck with the full Roush package from a dealer that's why they needed my VIN and Odometer reading. So it might be a different process for a non Roush package, if you just have the exhaust. But I would think they would take care of it either way.

I'll attach pictures of the new one they sent and the part number. The only change I can tell is a vent on the bottom side of each pipe after the Y in the tip.

PART# PT00046023-AA

These are the vents they put on to stop the noise.

interesting. Did that actually fix your concern?

Quick Reply: 2021 roush active exhaust high rpm odd sound