02 F-150 Muffler Delete....Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 F-150 Muffler Delete....Rattle

Have an 02 F-150 SuperCrew XLT, decided to do a muffler delete with the plans to do a straight pipe but friend my friend who was cutting decided to take it all completely off with it now dumping almost below the cab. When I accelerate I now get a rattle type noise coming from the area, it has to do something with the airflow because it started the minute I accelerated after cutting it off. I would like to keep the sound of the exhaust without the muffler but would like the rattle to go away. Should I go to a shop and get a professional straight pipe because the clamps are cut off too?

Old 02-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's rattling because you also eliminated the hangers that held the pipe in place. Parts stores sell new muffler clamps and hangers every day, with minimal effort you should be able to add a hanger. I would also consider adding additional pipe and a turn down to get it past the cab or you'll be smelling exhaust inside. (In some states it's also illegal to leave it like that. It needs to end past the passenger compartment)