Cost to replace manifold work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost to replace manifold work?

I just purchased a 2010 Lariat F150 with the 5.4 engine a few months ago and noticed the exhaust sounding louder last week. Took it in to find 2 bolts broke on passenger side and one on driver side. Have a local mechanic "recommending" to replacing both manifolds/gaskets/bolts for $890.00. Does this sound like a fair price for this type of project? It is nothing I am able to work on- not experienced nor have the time, and our local Ford Dealer is less than impressive in any sense of the word.
Thank You.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:54 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
If that's parts and labor, that's fair. Why is he recommending the manifolds be replaced?

Old 07-22-2015, 12:17 PM
glc,
Thanks for responding and sorry for delay in response.
His reasoning on replacing exhaust manifolds on both sides was more explained that they could be cracked or warped which would be an issue with good seal for new gaskets, and I pull a cargo trailer periodically for work so he wanted to give me a new setup that would last a long time since it is 5 yrs old and I just bought it and hoping to get another 5 or 6 yrs out of it.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:34 PM
That is a really fair price as your looking at avout $600 just in parts.. To save you trouble the question to ask would be what would the rate be if any studs were to break during removal and install...that's where they get you and drives the price way up

Quick Reply: Cost to replace manifold work?