Gotts O2 Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotts O2 Mod

Ok...I'm going to do it...I am tired of the P0430 code...I can't afford the California approved Catalytic converter (OEM Ford is only choice)...

I bought the 18mm non-fooulers (Dorman 42009...they did have a tapered one...is that better/worse), drilled one to 1/2"...what should I expect when I take a wrench to the O2 sensor? Is it going to be siezed? Sound like a 5.4 3v spark plug coming out? Is it going to break off? I did buy a can of PB Blaster...will it help?
Thanks in advance to the all knowing members here!

Old 01-23-2015, 12:49 PM
So I did the mod to the drivers side O2 sensor...observations...

Dorman 18mm non foulers are not large enough in diameter to get the sensor into...1/2" hole wouldn't allow my sensor to thread all the way into it. After boring it out further I was able to get the sensor into it most of the way, but when I was tightening it up, the non fouler broke...I bought a set of tapered non-fouers, and drilled out, bored it out further...after stacking the washers between the sensor and the tapered non fouler I was able to get it to fit...So, I used a tapered, and non tapered together...

Removal and installation could not have been easier...7/8" end wrench loosened it right away. Unthreaded by hand, and re-installed by hand, and snugged it up...

So far, no leaks, and no codes...I did it Tuesday afternoon 1/20/15 start mileage 170,283...I've done about 200 miles and no codes (doesn't really mean anything...codes vary from 90-580 miles apart depending on driving conditions).

I have looked at the live info on my scanner...the O2S2 is not switching as fast...fuel trims seem to be more agreeable...I guess time will tell if this works for me. I have lived with the P0430 codes for about 3 years now...My truck has even passed CA smog check (I live in an enhanced smog check area too...they dyno the vehicles during the test) in between codes.

Regards!

Old 02-11-2015, 10:59 AM
About 1300 miles and no code...

Quick Reply: Gotts O2 Mod