6.2 headers

Old 01-18-2015, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6.2 headers

Anyone install headers on their 6.2 yet?

I have the roush supercharger and them manifolds are holding it back... if you have how many hours did it take and how does it sound?

Old 01-23-2015, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I have the Stainless Works Long Tube headers on mine, and the complete exhaust system. The headers have 1 7/8" primaries with spiked collectors. The exhaust is the performance connect with high flow cats, X-pipe, 3" chambered mufflers and duals that come out at the stock location with 3 1/2" slashed chrome tips. They look like the tips on the Raptor. The system really brought this motor to live. I mean it was awesome to begin with, but these headers and exhaust made it feel like a different truck. It sounds amazing to me. I've not heard another system that sounds like it. Of course that has a lot to do with the 6.2 motor. And with the chambered mufflers and high flow cats it's pretty loud. I didn't install the system myself. I had the Ford dealer where I bought the truck install the stuff for me.

Last edited by Scarlet; 01-23-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:38 PM
I have the Kooks LT's with high flow cats . I got th installed and they were a pain. I believe it took two mechanics 8hrs. A performance shop installed them. They said it was the hardest header install they had done. Sounds awesome. Increased the volume significantly. Depending on your exhaust it might make it too loud. I have the Corsa. Glad I got rid of the Roush exhaust. Headers would have made it way too loud.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by screwxtr
I have the Kooks LT's with high flow cats . I got th installed and they were a pain. I believe it took two mechanics 8hrs. A performance shop installed them. They said it was the hardest header install they had done. Sounds awesome. Increased the volume significantly. Depending on your exhaust it might make it too loud. I have the Corsa. Glad I got rid of the Roush exhaust. Headers would have made it way too loud.
Ya I have the Roush, probably going to get corsa as well... Did you notice any hp gains ? I mean could you tell they made your truck faster?

Old 01-24-2015, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Scarlet
I have the Stainless Works Long Tube headers on mine, and the complete exhaust system. The headers have 1 7/8" primaries with spiked collectors. The exhaust is the performance connect with high flow cats, X-pipe, 3" chambered mufflers and duals that come out at the stock location with 3 1/2" slashed chrome tips. They look like the tips on the Raptor. The system really brought this motor to live. I mean it was awesome to begin with, but these headers and exhaust made it feel like a different truck. It sounds amazing to me. I've not heard another system that sounds like it. Of course that has a lot to do with the 6.2 motor. And with the chambered mufflers and high flow cats it's pretty loud. I didn't install the system myself. I had the Ford dealer where I bought the truck install the stuff for me.
How much was the install ? I am guessing around 1000

Old 01-24-2015, 08:37 PM
I did notice better throttle response. Felt a little more power. Biggest thing is that it dropped the boost 1.5-2 psi. So that shows how restrictive the stock manifolds were.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by screwxtr
I did notice better throttle response. Felt a little more power. Biggest thing is that it dropped the boost 1.5-2 psi. So that shows how restrictive the stock manifolds were.
Ya that's crazy! I have the 72mm pulley so I should be right back around stock psi I would assume.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Wink

That's close? The initial estimate was for $1,000.00. I gave them the complete kits in the boxes. I only opened the boxes at home to make sure all was there. I dropped the truck and stuff off one morning and I was told a day or so, if no problems. Well, at about 6:00 PM I get a call saying that the headers were on. That they were a little more difficult then they anticipated. And that the exhaust system was up, but they were having a problem making it fit. And that they had a call into Stainless Works and was waiting for a call back. So they would have it over night. I get a call the next day in the morning sometime saying it was ready to come and get her. I get there and then I ask what the hang-up was? He said after Stainless Works called, that there was some type of problem getting the pipes to match up. Had something to do with difference in pipe length between the SC and Crew cabs. I don't know how or why they couldn't figure it out, but everything was there and all is good. So he walks me out telling me that he was surprised with how good it sounded, and that it was a bit loud when she started, but then she quieted down once she started to idle. Well, we stepped outside and stopped at the door. I don't see the truck. He hits the remote start, and I here a VROOOOOOOOM! from around the corner. We walk out into the lot around a brick wall and there she sits. We walk over and he opens the door and gets in. He throttles her up a few times and all the heads on the car lot turn to look. Man, I was all smiles and grins! He said enjoy, and I was on my way....

Old 01-25-2015, 05:28 PM
That's close? The initial estimate was for $1,000.00. I gave them the complete kits in the boxes. I only opened the boxes at home to make sure all was there. I dropped the truck and stuff off one morning and I was told a day or so, if no problems. Well, at about 6:00 PM I get a call saying that the headers were on. That they were a little more difficult then they anticipated. And that the exhaust system was up, but they were having a problem making it fit. And that they had a call into Stainless Works and was waiting for a call back. So they would have it over night. I get a call the next day in the morning sometime saying it was ready to come and get her. I get there and then I ask what the hang-up was? He said after Stainless Works called, that there was some type of problem getting the pipes to match up. Had something to do with difference in pipe length between the SC and Crew cabs. I don't know how or why they couldn't figure it out, but everything was there and all is good. So he walks me out telling me that he was surprised with how good it sounded, and that it was a bit loud when she started, but then she quieted down once she started to idle. Well, we stepped outside and stopped at the door. I don't see the truck. He hits the remote start, and I here a VROOOOOOOOM! from around the corner. We walk out into the lot around a brick wall and there she sits. We walk over and he opens the door and gets in. He throttles her up a few times and all the heads on the car lot turn to look. Man, I was all smiles and grins! He said enjoy, and I was on my way....
HAHA that's awesome I can't wait now...

Old 01-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Wink

Coolness! Yea, I can imagine how nice it will be with a decent system, your blower and a tune. Wow! You know, for a time I thought about having a blower put on mine, But I don't know, just decided against it. Stock she was already awesome to begin with. I did the headers and exhaust and it became Wow. Then I got the Livewire and it became Super Wow! For the longest time, it seemed like anyone in a Chevy or Dodge truck wanted a piece of me. And I'm never looking for it. Only one Tundra ever dared. I think his butt may still be sore. And since talking about this kind of stuff is frowned upon, I'll just say "By Lengths" may be the right phrase to cover it. Especially with the Livewire. I don't know? Is it because she's a Red F150, or has a set of nicely sounding pipes, or because she has those 6.2 badges on her doors? Now, I just crack the throttle and the Earth moves and shakes. Enough said..... LOL.

Last edited by Scarlet; 01-26-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Coolness! Yea, I can imagine how nice it will be with a decent system, your blower and a tune. Wow! You know, for a time I thought about having a blower put on mine, But I don't know, just decided against it. Stock she was already awesome to begin with. I did the headers and exhaust and it became Wow. Then I got the Livewire and it became Super Wow! For the longest time, it seemed like anyone in a Chevy or Dodge truck wanted a piece of me. And I'm never looking for it. Only one Tundra ever dared. I think his butt may still be sore. And since talking about this kind of stuff is frowned upon, I'll just say "By Lengths" may be the right phrase to cover it. Especially with the Livewire. I don't know? Is it because she's a Red F150, or has a set of nicely sounding pipes, or because she has those 6.2 badges on her doors? Now, I just crack the throttle and the Earth moves and shakes. Enough said..... LOL.
Frowned apon? isn't this an f150 forum? : )

Old 01-26-2015, 11:30 PM
Wink

My bad, sorry. I was referring to drag racing, speed exhibition, etc...threads have been locked for less

Old 01-27-2015, 11:14 PM
My bad, sorry. I was referring to drag racing, speed exhibition, etc...threads have been locked for less
Oh I know what you meant... I don't see why that should be frowned upon. Everyone with an ounce of fun in them has raced or always wants there truck to be faster and better than the other guys.. Its our business what we do and if we wanna share it then we can.

I think putting a v6 turboed in a full size pickup should be illegal but hey its on the site...

Old 02-17-2015, 01:57 PM
don't skimp on gaskets and fasteners.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by TX Ranger
don't skimp on gaskets and fasteners.
So I should get some gaskets ? And what fasteners do you suggest? They don't say use the old exhaust manifold gasket and bolts do they ???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.2 headers