Need help with muffler choice!! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with muffler choice!! Please help!

Hey guys, new to this site and I love it! All the knowledge is very helpful! So here's my question. I have a 2013 5.0 I've decided I want to go with a muffler swap and a resonator delete for my truck. I already decided too go with the flowmaster super 10 series. The question is which one should I order? There are 2.5 inch inlet/outlet and a 3 inch option as well. All I want is the muffler single in and out. Which one should I get? The 2.5 or the 3? Also about how much would a muffler shop charge about to delete resonators and weld in the new muffler? I'm ready to order the muffler just don't know what size! Please help! Thanks guys!!

Old 08-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would recommend the 3" in and out as that is what the tailpipe diameter is, but you are going to have to have the shop do a 3" pipe in front of the muffler or use a 2.75" to 3" conversion as the stock pipe in front of the muffler is 2.75". I would just have them put in a 3" pipe from the y pipe flange back though as that's what almost all the cat back systems for this truck use. Depending on the shop you should be looking around $100 for this work I'm estimating.

Quick Reply: Need help with muffler choice!! Please help!