gotts mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotts mod

im sure this subject has been beat into the ground 500 times but i rather ask and be annoying than waste my time on something.

got a 02 5.4l and im going to replace factory CAI. truck use to see offroad non stop but now becoming a street ride so now worry about excessive water, mud and snow being crammed into it.

wanting to know if gotts is the best CAI i can get for it. and if so can someone send me a link on a how to and any tips is appreciated!

thanks for your time in advance!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Use the search feature. One of those 500 times is bound to answer your question.

What are you expecting by replacing your "stock" CAI?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bmxinbrandon
im sure this subject has been beat into the ground 500 times but i rather ask and be annoying than waste my time on something.

got a 02 5.4l and im going to replace factory CAI. truck use to see offroad non stop but now becoming a street ride so now worry about excessive water, mud and snow being crammed into it.

wanting to know if gotts is the best CAI i can get for it. and if so can someone send me a link on a how to and any tips is appreciated!

thanks for your time in advance!
here ya go...http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/2004-...-pictures.html

the Gotts is by far more economical then any purchased CAI and will flow just as well if not better....you won't have to worry about it setting off CEL or tripping a code because the MAF sensor is still in stock location or worry about leaning the engine out too much without a tunner.

Not sure if your worried about getting mud and or water in there with this gotts mod or if you had in the past done some serious off roading/mudding and it was a issue then

either way the Gotts lends it self nicely to a more elaborate snorkle

Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by enriched
here ya go...http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/2004-...-pictures.html

the Gotts is by far more economical then any purchased CAI and will flow just as well if not better....you won't have to worry about it setting off CEL or tripping a code because the MAF sensor is still in stock location or worry about leaning the engine out too much without a tunner.

Not sure if your worried about getting mud and or water in there with this gotts mod or if you had in the past done some serious off roading/mudding and it was a issue then

either way the Gotts lends it self nicely to a more elaborate snorkle
I love it, you couldn't even read the OP's post and figure out that the OP posted he/she/it has an '02 not an '04-'08 truck in question...

here's the link he/she/it was asking about

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...3-f-150-a.html

Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 AM
I have thought about doing the gotts mod, but I do spend some time off roading and I was wondering if this was the best way to go if I want a better intake and what are the downfalls of doing this mod. Also, what intakes are better than this mod(For higher flow, and offroading purposes)?
Thanks

Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by PETERSxMACHINE
I have thought about doing the gotts mod, but I do spend some time off roading and I was wondering if this was the best way to go if I want a better intake and what are the downfalls of doing this mod. Also, what intakes are better than this mod(For higher flow, and offroading purposes)?
Thanks
Gotts mod only changes the initial 5 inch or so of your intake. It basically maintains the 3 inch diameter going into your filter housing instead of restricting it. There are no downfalls for off-roading that the stock intake wouldn't have.

Quick Reply: gotts mod