is this a leak??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is this a leak??

Since I had my JBA shorties installed it sounds a little like an exhaust leak but more of just a tinny tone...only hear it on the drivers side. All bolts are tight and I used my buddies lift to inspect, even used his stethascope to listen at the flange...will the thin wall tubing create more noise compared to thick cast minifolds?

Anyone else experienced this? I only hear it when I'm lugging around 1100-1500 rpms.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:47 PM
I have put roughly 800 miles on them so far, and retorqued the next day after driving when hot...that sucked. LOL

Old 06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
My setup with the JBA's has always been like that. There have been times where I thought it was a leak too. It's like a "fifth-fifth-fifth-fifth" sound you can hear mainly when you lug the motor, giving it a high load in OD right? I honestly think its the amplified sound of the exhaust pulses through the thinner wall tubing vs. the thick iron manifolds. I don't know for certain, but that's what I think it is.

A lot more people seem to be running long tubes on here, so if one of you guys with LT's are reading this, share if yours has this same characteristic. I would tend to think that LT's with their thinner primary walls would act similarly.

Quick Reply: is this a leak??