what's up with Vortex?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what's up with Vortex?

I've been to a few exhaust shops looking for a good deal on a custom exhaust. I want either a FlowMaster or a MagnaFlow - but every shop i go to tries to sell me this Vortex muffler. Does anyone have one? And why are these places pushing it?

Old 07-30-2001, 12:27 PM
If you live in the north anywhere, just make sure you get stainless. Flowmasters that I had down here in central Florida was rusting pretty good after a year and half. It would be worse up north. The Magnaflow is available in stainless. Vortex, don't know. If they sound good and are SS and cheap might be worth a try.

Old 08-03-2001, 06:57 AM
Hi lrutt,

In my chevy days I had a Vortex muffler installed on my truck. SI/DO. I believe they are made by CherryBomb. That muffler sounded really sweet, great rumble during idle and it sounded like a borla when you stepped into it.

Roland

Old 08-24-2001, 05:20 PM
Correct

Vortex are made by them. I got Flomasters on my my truck now. But at the time I had the exhaust done. I told them Flowmasters. Ended up with Vortex. They told me they sounded just like Flowmasters but cheaper. Alright. I drove with them on for two weeks. Went back to the muffler shop and had them put the Flowmasters on that I originally asked for. On the Fords, IMHO, they sound like *****. They pop big time. Sounds like you got a freaking hole in the muffler. When they put the Flowmasters on I also had them install a balance tube. Didn't want to lose low end and torque. Big difference without one. Anyone that does their exhaust, this is a must. With the balance tube and Flowmasters, it's about as close your gonna get to the sound of a Mustang.

Quick Reply: what's up with Vortex?