Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Jackal:
Excellent photos.
Mark

Old 07-23-2001, 09:33 PM
Thumbs up

Jackal- Great pics. I think this definitely helped convince me to do the Y-pipe mod.

Old 07-23-2001, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good, Jackal.

I just got back from the Exhaust Pros in Northglenn, CO where they installed my Flowmaster Y-Pipe for $60. Since I have the 4x4, they didn't have room to put the y right where the old one was - instead they welded the Y right onto the front of my FM muffler and ran two 2-1/2" pipes back to it.

The Force II catback I started with sounded deep and muscular but nothing to get excited about. Now it is louder but with a deeper tone. Way deeper. Performance is up also, but it is hard to tell just how much since I only drove 20 miles with the new Y-Pipe so far.

I had the guy save the old Y section for me. Here is my best description of the ford y fitting: it was terrible! The right hand pipe was a striaght 2.5" shot with a jagged 1.5" hole cut into the side. The left hand pipe necked down to about 2" where it was welded at a 45 deg. angle onto the hole in the right pipe. The right bank was probably breathing okay but the left bank was restricted down to a jagged 1.5" opening! I'm sure the engineers had not planned to do it this way but some dumbaas beancounter was trying to save $3.17 per truck by using a crappy fitting!

By the way, I can post pictures of the old Y or the new setup if anyone is interested.

Old 07-24-2001, 08:24 AM
Smile Thanks!!!

Thanks guys...I saved my old "Y" too, but I never remember to bring it in, though I'm sure it'd help convince some of the others to do the mod. as well.

-AR

Old 07-24-2001, 09:05 PM
Question Rookie ?

I currently have the Gibson split rear. It is a little to quiet for me, although I like the performance it has given me. My question is, Will this Y Pipe Increase my sound at all? Also would this help with my current set up? Also does anyone know if Gibson makes a Y pipe? I just like the Idea of stainless steel.

Old 07-25-2001, 08:14 PM
Smile Sir James-

There is a thread where someone had a stainless steel one custom made; the Flowmaster, Magnaflow, and Walker ones are not. Most of your sound is controlled by your current muffler. The sound does change. Mine had a pulsating sound before the swapout; my muffler is loud and it was obvious. It has smoother, deeper tone now.

Quick Reply: "Y Pipe" Install Pics!!!