Couple questions on Exhaust for my 05 fx4

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple questions on Exhaust for my 05 fx4

Hey everyone, well right now my truck (05 SCREW 5.4) is running practically no exhaust, just the cat and thats it. I have the x pipe, two Magnapacks and tips, but havnt really had the cash to get it all welded up.. I went to a few different shops to get quotes and the lowest i got was 275 for smooth bent 2.5" piping and labor. The guy there also said he was suprised I have been able to put up with the loss of power this long.. Said that the exhaust will wake it up considerably and help with gas mileage..

Any truth to this?! right now im averaging 12-14mpg's with a 6" lift, 35's and 4.56's...

Thanks for the help!

Also, any suggestions on the exit for the 4" tips?! Im thinking SOTB, but poss. 45'd

Old 11-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your not loosing much of anything. Sounds like he is trying to push you into getting it done so he can make some cash.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks avfrog.. It does seem to be dumping fuel out of the exhaust.. Im sure thats not the lack of exhaust vs the tune needing to be re-worked though... also, its honestly not as loud as you would think with just the 1 cat.. So im hopign the exhaust doesnt quiet it down too much

Quick Reply: Couple questions on Exhaust for my 05 fx4