Sensor Help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sensor Help please

Hi. i have been reading threw this forum for like the last 2 months trying to figure things out. i have headers and no cats on my truck to tru duals. I have the code P1151 going off (atleast thats all that reads from autozone) it says the heater circuit is bad and air/fuel ratio is malfunctioning. i have taken my truck to many different shops to figure out what can be done to do it. one place said it will always be like that. another place says i need a new o2 sensor bc when the guy did my exhaust he hit the o2 and bent the end where the wires went in. and another guy said to just get 4 adjustable simulators for the front and back. i've looked into the adjustable ones and i came up with this. http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detai...Ford/F150/5.4L

is it good to do this to your front o2 or should i just change my front o2 sensor and see what happens. thanks

Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well First of all check for both vacuum leaks and then maybe an exhaust leak near the sensor. The sensor needs to get up to the proper temperature to function correctly and if there is a leak near it, thats big enough, a code WILL be thrown. Otherwise unmetered air (aka vacuum leaks most of the time) will also cause a lean condition. Once these possibilities are ruled out then most likely it is the sensor itself that has failed. If your mechanic whacked the wires real hard he may have damaged the heater wire for the sensor. Perhaps your mechanic should replace the sensor?? I also cant imagine simulators upstream are a good idea but I dont have any experience with them so maybe someone will chime in. GL and sorry for being long-winded

Old 01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ha thats alright better then having no one answer back. and i have been looking for leaks in the exhaust and the only thing that may be a problem is where the header connects to the resonator. i have had it re tightened like 3 times. but it could possibly be loose again. and my mechanic refuses to pay for it because he said he didn't damage the wire and that a hit like that couldn't effect it. and idk about those simulators either. i heard maybe adjustable ones idk..but thanks

Quick Reply: Sensor Help please