next mod headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question next mod headers

well lets just say i am more comfortable lately in the $ area. i recently had my exhaust installed, true duals, x piped, high flow maggie cats, and bullets. I only see I am missing headers now. I know everyone is gonna say longtubes and not shorties, but which ones are easier to install? I am thinknig shorties should install and not be much finagling to get them to hook back up to my exhaust where my factory manifolds did. I figure with longtubes I may have to take it to the exhaust shop and get my exhaust reworked just a lil to get the existing setup to bolt up to 3in collectors am I right? I wanna get the headers and then next comes a supercharger. I have found rather quite a few L eatons but I dont know what to look at on a used charger, but I'll save that for another forum. I know longtubes are better, but which is more of a pain in the **** to install longtubes or shorties? oh and you guys have any vendors come to mind for headers gotta save $ for my supercharger coming next and I'm sure custom tunes arent goin to be cheap when everything comes together.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:31 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Go long tubes or don't bother... You're gonna kill yourself with that exhaust though. It's gonna be way to loud

Old 12-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i know it will probably be louder.. im looking for egual length long tubes. which is easier to install is the question and what will bolt up to my current exhaust setup. i just hate having to maybe trim or do much to current exhaust to get longtubes to fit when shorties would be a true bolt on. i need em though, seeing as i have currently got a bit of mods done. im tryin to get headers done before supercharging this thing... thanks for the info truckguy24 appreciate it.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:46 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
long tubes or don't waste your time

Quick Reply: next mod headers