Snorkel

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^x2 most of my friends with hardcore wheelers cant even justify a snorkel and they all run boggers....If it is just for looks than I am sure you could rig something up...I know on some vehicle or at least I have heard that you lose horse power and such by using them but I have no experience with them so I wouldn't know for sure...

Old 08-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Well, yeah. Of course ya gotta do other things- but perhaps it's different on the f150 on account of the air box being where it is, as opposed to other vehicles where the air box may have duct work leading to it from the fender well. I think that's how it was on my 07 Tacoma.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by noregrets
^x2 most of my friends with hardcore wheelers cant even justify a snorkel and they all run boggers....If it is just for looks than I am sure you could rig something up...I know on some vehicle or at least I have heard that you lose horse power and such by using them but I have no experience with them so I wouldn't know for sure...
Yeah I know- here in Georgia a lot of people take pleasure in raming their trucks through mud pits that look like small oblong ponds. Whatever rev's their engine I suppose... The more serious rigs often are either reeeally lifted or have snorkels, or both. Sure, I've never asked em if their radio or cruise control works the next day. but yeah i agree- it seems like engine performance would take a hit from a snorkel.

I don't think I'll do the snorkel thing on this truck.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:51 PM
That photobucket link, I wish I could remember who's truck that was cause I need to do this for my chase truck.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:58 PM
I to have been looking for a snorkel kit for the F150. The most info i could find on one was from a member of a different forum that had one on his f150. He said that there was a shop in his area that did a bunch of snorkels and they had to use a f250 kit and modify or custom make a couple of pieces to make it fit just right. I'll never actually have to use the snorkel but I think they look damn cool and I have pulled my air filter out after a hard day of wheeling and mudding and had to ring the water out of it that splashed up into the airbox and got sucked into the intake tube so I could justify it being useful. If anyone finds out any more info on what parts to get or who to get in touch with to find out what they did please share!

Old 04-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Besides fording water snorkels are good for dry dusty areas too. It helps to breath air from above as opposed to under the hood in the "cloud" of dust.

Quick Reply: Snorkel