Different ehaust route

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Different ehaust route

Ok so i've heared a bunch of ideas on here for exhaust, but lets fact it, these are trucks not muscle cars. I don't think *I* really need a full performance exhaust on my truck considering I drive it everyday. What I was wondering though is if anyone has gone a different route and used, say an SLP Loudmouth 2 muffler and just welded it in? I am sure some have done similar, but all I have seen here is Magnaflow, Blowmaster, etc. I am not bashing anyones choice of mods at all, I just don't think the benefit v. cost for a full setup is worth it, for what I use my truck for. Although I am a NFG, so I may just be retarded

Old 10-21-2009, 11:41 AM
True we don't have muscle cars. It's all about what you want. You want to pick up a few horses then get a full performance exhaust. If you want just some sound... swap mufflers.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alot of people just do simple muffler swaps. its not uncommon, although by not changing pipe size, your not getting the full potential of an exhaust. sure, adding a LM2 will sound good and be loud, but obv. it wont be as loud as if u upgrade from 2.5" to 3"....its all about what you wanna do and how much cash you wanna spend

Old 10-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Yea I know all about the performance aspect of exhaust upgrades, I was basically asking if anyone here had any experience with something other than the same ole' same ole' setups. The LM2 is the quieter muff, my stang has the LM1's and they are obnoxious and getting replaced. I'm just looking for more options, and wanting some feedback. Thanks for the replies guys.

Quick Reply: Different ehaust route