Volant intake problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volant intake problems

I have a 2006 f-150 4x4 and my 4x4 is not ingauging because its loosing vacume and it makes a hissing noise..... At first i thought it was my edge programer because it would make that noise when i programed the truck and then when i took it off it would stop... And then it would start doing it again at like 70mph.. The dealership said it was my intake but i thinks that crap..

So what do i do?

Old 04-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vsharma72
The original Gotts mod is for 97-03 F150s and those that have the conical air filter in the large round housing. This is the same concept applied to the intake of the 04-08 F150 with the 5.4L engine. JackandJanet also adapted a variation of the Gotts mod to the 04-08 F150 with the 5.4L engine. The DWV intake mod is not intended to work as good or better than an aftermarket CAI. It was intended to improve the intake air flow by removing the restriction at the end while preserving the factory noise reduction built into the stock intake. I have tried several other aftermarket CAIs and they all created horrible drone while towing our travel trailer. This mod does not create any drone whatsoever.
UMMM OK... Not sure how that relates to the OPs 4 wheel drive not engaging, but in a way it does possibly explain the hissing...

OP, if your dealer is stating that the intake is causing the 4wd not to engage you can do a couple things. If you still have the original intake, put it on and try it out. If it still doesnt work then go back to them and call their BS. If they are saying there is a leak from the intake that is not making enough vaccum to engage the 4wd have them show you where the leak is. Some windex or soapy water should bubble on the spot of the leak etc...

Quick Reply: Volant intake problems