Time to buy an intake...which one???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to buy an intake...which one???

I have been putting off buying an intake for quite a while now and I am finally going to pull the trigger. But which one do I buy??? K&N has a great track record so that is huge to me but I am looking for the best performance also. I have not done too much research either so I figured I would ask the people who have installed an intake. Which one did you go with? How easy was the install? How do you like it?

My truck is an 07 SCREW 5.4, I am running 35s and also have the Edge programmer with the Magnaflow exhaust.

Thanks for the help,

Mac

Old 01-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by callmewhite
I have been putting off buying an intake for quite a while now and I am finally going to pull the trigger. But which one do I buy??? K&N has a great track record so that is huge to me but I am looking for the best performance also. I have not done too much research either so I figured I would ask the people who have installed an intake. Which one did you go with? How easy was the install? How do you like it?

My truck is an 07 SCREW 5.4, I am running 35s and also have the Edge programmer with the Magnaflow exhaust.

Thanks for the help,

Mac
You're Edge is programmed to function with a stock intake. You will get marginal gains by adding any CAI. You need to convert itto a Gryphon from PHP and get Bill's custom tunes for a CAI. Some of the better results with that engine have come from the AF1 and the S&B intake. Do some reading in the Tuners and Programmer as well as the Intake section. Bill is at www.powerhungryperformance.com.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:33 PM
bluejay, thanks for the info. I am going to be contacting PHP on Monday and getting my Evo sent in for a custom tune for sure.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Again, thanks for the info on getting the Gryphon upgrade. I just installed my edge yesterday, I'll have to send it in.

*2007 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew
K&N FIPK air intake
Flowmaster 40 Dual Exhaust
Edge Programmer*

Last edited by Nemo249; 01-17-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: specs
Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
You're welcome. They are great people to work with. Bill is ASEmechanic on here and his wife is Corey. The improved downshifting alone, is worth the upgrade for me.

Quick Reply: Time to buy an intake...which one???