ModBargains.com - Free Shipping on all S&B Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ModBargains.com - Free Shipping on all S&B Intakes

Protect your truck from harmful dirt particles, while gaining power with an S&B Intake. S&B intakes increase airflow by as much as 49.1%, this will; increase performance, give your truck better fuel economy, and your engine will run smoother. An S&B intake even provides improved dust filtration over OE paper filters.

Benefits
  • Up to 49.1% more airflow to your engine
  • Increase in fuel economy, up to 3 miles per gallon!
  • Helps your engine run smoother
  • Reusable/washable filter
  • High performance box isolates the filter from engine heat
  • Deeper exhaust note
  • Increased dust and dirt filtration
  • Gives your engine bay a custom look
  • Million mile warranty

More Power
One of the main benefits of adding an S&B intake to your truck is noticeable increase in horsepower and torque. A unique component of the S&B intake system is the box that the filter is enclosed in. This housing guards the intake from absorbing hot air produced by your engine. Keeping the air entering your engine cool is one of the best ways to gain power from an intake.

Fuel Economy
With the addition of the S&B intake you WILL notice an improvement in fuel economy. This is one of the effects of improving the airflow to your engine. Usually gains of 1-2 miles per gallon are observed, but in extreme cases gains up to 3-4 MPG can be seen simply by using an S&B intake system. By this you earn back the cost of the intake relatively quick. Although it may be tough to see an increase in MPG while your enjoying your newfound power.

Click the links below to view your specific intake system.

1997-2008 Ford F-150
1994-2008 Ford F-250/F-350
Ford Excursion
2001-2003 Ford Explorer Sport/Ranger

If you guys have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Welcome back Alon, how ya been?

- NCSU

Old 10-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Welcome back Alon, how ya been?

- NCSU
Hey, this is Matt over at ModBargains.com. Alon is no longer with us . As for the forum name I was told that will be changed tonight

Old 10-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Alon@ModBargains
Hey, this is Matt over at ModBargains.com. Alon is no longer with us . As for the forum name I was told that will be changed tonight
Ah, well I'll send you a PM later today....

- NCSU

Old 10-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the forums, Matt. It's good that we still have a name with the company to go to with questions. May we ask what happened to Alon (unless it's not public knowledge, etc.)? He was a great help with many of us, and I hope to work with you in the near future.

How long are you going to continue the free shipping on the S&B intakes? I know it's been on for awhile, but I just finished my exhaust and intake and/or tuner is next, so I want to make sure I don't miss out on it. Thanks.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by NTXRockr
Welcome to the forums, Matt. It's good that we still have a name with the company to go to with questions. May we ask what happened to Alon (unless it's not public knowledge, etc.)? He was a great help with many of us, and I hope to work with you in the near future.

How long are you going to continue the free shipping on the S&B intakes? I know it's been on for awhile, but I just finished my exhaust and intake and/or tuner is next, so I want to make sure I don't miss out on it. Thanks.
Thanks! The free shipping on the S&B Intakes is going to last for a little while longer, not sure on the exact date. Let me know if there anything I can help you out with

Old 10-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Suspended
All orders shipped!

Old 10-25-2008, 08:38 PM
gw.
is the s&b a dry filter? or does it need to be oiled?

Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oiled.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by gw.
is the s&b a dry filter? or does it need to be oiled?
Just the question I was going to ask. Any ideas as to a good dry filter? I am not going to debate oiled vs dry but I am going to want to dry from my readings.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:01 PM
s&b or AF1 or leave it stock, been tested and proven over and over, damn the dry vs. wet. Save your money or get one of the above

Old 10-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Probably a silly question that I could find the answer to using the search function, but will this mess with my warranty in any way?
And can an idiot such as myself install it? I know how to change oil and that is about it.

I would be putting it on a 5.4L '08 if that helps answer the above questions.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by oilman dd
Probably a silly question that I could find the answer to using the search function, but will this mess with my warranty in any way?
And can an idiot such as myself install it? I know how to change oil and that is about it.

I would be putting it on a 5.4L '08 if that helps answer the above questions.

Should NOT void warrant and if you can use simply hand tools, than you can do it. It is not hard at all

Old 11-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Hey, I was wondering...

Are these S&B filters made in the good 'ol USA??

Old 11-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Very easy to install. AS far as warranty, the general rule is that as long as the damage to the motor is not caused by the intake, then the warranty is still good and in effect. For example, if a piece of the foam filter or whatever breaks off and goes into the engine through the intake, then that damage would not be covered.
If the truck did not have an appropriate tune and it was found to be running really rich or lean due to the intake and it caused motor damage, then it wouldnt be covered, etc...
Just make sure you use it with a tuner. Do not put on ANY intake with our trucks without the appropriate tune.
And always keep the stock intake..that way if it is a warranty issue and you are unsure about your particular Ford dealership, just flash the computer back to stock (2 minutes) and put the stock intake back on (10 minutes)
And then take it in for eval....

Quick Reply: ModBargains.com - Free Shipping on all S&B Intakes