Intake+Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake+Vibration

Hey yall whats up? I have a AirAid CAI on my F150 06 model 5.4. I installed that badboy back in July. Ever since then I have had somewhat anoying vibrations in the engine bay durin acceleration. I though it was coming from the spot between the body of the intake right behind the filter and some sorta metal brace. The AirAid actually bolts into that brace there. Anyways I put some rubber hosing between the two, it dampened the vibration quite much but its still there. I recently took a friend on a trip and I almost felt embarrest, I am thinkin about reinstalling the stock intake just because of the problem. I am just wanting to know if anyone else had a problem like this and what they did about it.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a similar problem with my K&N kit. I have found that over time the tube starts to move down and make contact with the heatshield/airbox, thus making a vibration. I had initially thought it was a brake caliper/brake pad issue because it only did it turning braking or low idle while stopping.

The fix I had planned to do was the exact as you did.